All You Need Is Lovecraft

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby candyman1989 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Travis looks at the ear piece with a troubled expression. 

"This would be a one way comm for me. Id be able to talk to you but my subtitles don't carry words from technological media."

He moves onto the card and grins. It dies a second later as his iceheart kicks in and steals his joy. This is the kind of access he'd be ecstatic to have most days.

I need to talk to Chris, see if we can find a way to plant scrying foci in the restricted areas.

He opens the folder and starts flicking through quickly, he wont sleep tonight, he'll be reading and rereading till morning.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Mr. Banana » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:55 am

Half of the students seem to bombard him with questions, not giving him a chance to properly answer each one as it was asked. Which was fine, really.

"Okay, Question 1: Yes, you need to keep your comm links on at all times, including the night. There is, however, a silent feature. The reason for that being that they contain GIP chips which lets me track where exactly you are should you need assistance."

"Question 2: Ideally, you won't have to experience any combat. But according to Murphy's Law, nothing is ever ideal and you may want to stay prepared at all times. You don't need to where your uniforms, but it is HIGHLY recommended."

"Question 3: You misunderstand me; there is PLENTY that connects the murder to the disappearances. The murder victim was an identical disappearance case as all the others from just last month. Chances that the other missing persons have been murdered are likely. There just no link between the people themselves - no common enemy, so no apparent motive or suspects... The police are at a loss as to who might be behind this at all. You will be focusing on the murder, yes, but that doesn't mean you should ignore everything else. Besides, you're all special - some of you may have ways of picking up clues and evidence the police aren't capable of."

"And Question 4: I realize your predicament, Travis. You'll still need to keep the comm link on you, if only as a tracking beacon. If you've no other way to communicate with me or the others from afar, it'd be best if you don't go off on your own and stick with at least one other person."

"If that is all, then review the material and become familiar with each other tonight, and keep in mind that there's plenty of you so it would be wise to take advantage of that and divide the labor accordingly. Tomorrow morning you'll be visiting the evidence room in the precinct and receiving the autopsy report from the morgue. I'll be expecting great things from you all. Briefing is dismissed."

With everything said and done, Moreno left the folder in Travis' hands and walked into the hallway, supposedly going outside for a smoke, given that he took out a long cigar and lighter.

Kenji fixated his gaze out the door where Moreno walked out for a while longer before inching his way closer to Travis, disregarding the notion of personal space as he looked over his shoulder to view the files in the other boy's hands. So far, all he could see were lists of people there addresses, various personal information, and people's statements and claims of not knowing what happened.
Mr. Banana
Sophomore

Postby Towkarn » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:26 pm

"So what info did I miss?" Giovanni asked, leaning back in his seat. He looked at the others of the group; Still, some blue-haired goth chick hanging over his shoulder, Satan and his boy-toy, and some guy that Giovanni didn't know. Maybe that's why the teacher had left them to talk things over. Still was the only one in the room so far that Giovanni thought of as competent - apart from his amazing self, of course.

Turning the comm piece over in his hands, the Demi-God found the switch and turned it on. He carefully fit it over and into his ear and made sure it was snug. He didn't want it falling out so he'd miss out on some important info or, worse, get failed for not keeping in contact. That would totally suck. He gestured to still and the goth chick.

"Hey, bambina, pass us one o' those folders, will ya?"
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Animal boy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:36 pm

Tommy was in a good mood at the moment and decided to give Giovanni a chance, and despite the fact that gender mistakes riled him a bit, he spoke in a friendly voice "Giovanni this is Kenji, one of mine and Noah's best friends and a swordsman. Kenji this is Giovanni, he has some sort of control of over the seasons? I don't really understand your powers Giovanni, perhaps you can explain them better to him?"
"Why should Northstar have all the fun?"-Hulkling
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Gryphon » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:49 pm

Kale flipped the badge between his fingers a few times before slipping it into his pocket. Walking around Kenji, he glanced over Travis's other shoulder before surveying the room itself. Spying what he needed, he grinned.

"I think there's only the one copy, unfortunately." Kale said as he moved across the room and picked up an almost new package of printer paper. "I can fix that though if you let me have the folder and give me a couple minutes."
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby Mr. Banana » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:12 pm

Kenji's eye twitched somewhat while he heard the unrestrained snickering in his head, no doubt from Aguni... goddamned eidolon loved to see Kenji suffer like this.

The swordsman abruptly walked up to the demigod, grabbed both his hands and firmly placed them on his chest. "I AM A MAN YOU JACKASS. NOTICE THE LACK OF CLEAVAGE." He moved those two hands around a bit for good measure before letting go, just so this 'Giovanni', or whatever his name, would understand 100% completely without any doubt.
Mr. Banana
Sophomore

Postby Animal boy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:17 pm

Tommy's eyes widened and he couldn't help but smile at Kenji's reaction, it was satisfying to see Giovanni knocked a peg or two down. He then walked over to take a look at the case.
"Why should Northstar have all the fun?"-Hulkling
Animal boy
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:40 pm

Travis ignores the drama going on behind him and calmly hands Kale the first half of the folder.

"That would be a lot more convenient, thank you Kale. Do you mind if I stick close to you for this? I don't think my being out of contact with the rest of the team would be a good idea."

Travis slips the earpiece in and does his best to hide it under his hair.

The others are still yammering away so he ignores them and reads bits of the second half of the folder.

"Let me know when you're ready for this bit."

He's looking for photos of the body, or an idea of what was so unnatural about it's death.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Prince Blanche » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:10 am

Noah didn't know what was funnier: Giovanni confusing Kenji for a woman or Kenji's attempt at correcting the italian Demi-God. A part of him was sure that a certain french gynoid would be having some very disturbance in the force of some kind of another, but he left that thought untouched by the moment, just thinking that he really ought to bring a camera for those moments.

After a few good laughs at that, the young Satan-to-be walked over towards Travis and Kale, intent on finding out more about the case, or at least know just WHAT was particularly disturbing about the way the one body that was recovered was found...
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:52 pm

Giovanni looked at Kenji, completely deadpan. There was not a hint of concern or embarrassment on his face. Honestly, he didn't care what gender Kenji was, but the young asian boy had just revealed it was perhaps a sensitive issue for him. Bad move.

"Eh, so you're flat-chested. Not my problem. Maybe you should wear a push-up or something." He shrugged and took his hands off Kenji. Hiding a smirk as he stood and walked over to Kale, the young Demi-God leaned over the prankster's shoulder, one large hand on the table to steady himself, and watched the information appearing on each page.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Gryphon » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:26 pm

Kale took a sheet of the report and placed it on the desk in front of him while simultaneously taking one of the blank sheets of paper and putting it next to the printed one. Touching each with two fingers, his eyes unfocused slightly as the blank paper filled with black lettering and lines. After only a few seconds it was complete and he set each off to the side and started on the next page.

"No prob Snowman. Considering that what we do in our free time is usually dangerous even if there's lots of us, I'd hate to think what'd happen on an actual official job if we separated. It'd just scream horror movie cliche everywhere."

He glanced over his shoulder at Giovanni and then across the room towards Kenji. "You guys done with the sexual harassment yet? Or should we be expecting future twists and turns on SVU - Poseidon Prep?"
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:30 pm

Travis looks at Kale expression blank.

"Would it be better to let them work off the sexual tension now? Logically if they fornicate now they'll be less aggressive with each other and better able to focus on the mission."

He looks at Giovanni then Kenji face blank.

"Do either of you have condoms? Unprotected sex is never a good idea."

Of everyone in the school Kale is probably the only person who knows Travis well enough to realize that his deadpan in this instance has nothing to do with his iceheart.

"The door locks on the inside, we can head to the library and leave you to it if you want."

His voice for the entire time has been flat and emotionless.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Towkarn » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:02 am

Giovanni's smirk looked like a menacing crack in his face. His shoulders and chest were shaking with the laughter he was holding back. Travis and Kale were like a real-life sit-com pair. Season figured he was gonna like this week more than previously expected.

"You kidding? I'm a Demi-God o' Fertility! This little chica's in danger o' gettin' preggers just standin' near me!" He laughed loudly, possibly at the thought of Kenji being pregnant, more likely at Kenji's reaction to being called a girl. "But hey, you wanna take a chance, girl, I'll make it real good for ya," he winked at Kenji, laughing again as he made some gesture that would mean nothing to a person of Japanese heritage like Kenji; it spoke volumes to an Italian, though.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Mr. Banana » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:59 am

Kenji just gave Giovanni a half-lidded, unimpressed stare at the gesture before scratching his scalp in thought and looking the other boy up and down. "Right, you're the new demigod student... Shit; have to say, I should've figured that out sooner - considering how it's obvious you're only half man." Kenji's gaze emphasized where it counted, then gave a shrug and a sigh.

"And really, what's with the excessive fucking bravado? Compensating for something, or just threatened that a 'chika' like me would make you feel inadequate? Ha... Talk is cheap."

The young goth walked over to Kale and picked up his copy of the files, put on his earpiece snugly behind some piercings, and headed out the door. "You bitches going to the library or not?" he called over his shoulder before continuing on.

Despite Kenji's composure, the inside of his head was filled with the "ohshit" being repeated over and over, along with the occasional snarky comment from Aguni. One moment of weakness and he opened up a can of worms, he was fucking sure of it. All in all, though, he was pretty impressed with himself for not hyperventilating or whatever... Still, it's not as though anyone showed an actual interest in him right then, so maybe it wasn't exactly progress as he thought it might.

(((OoC: Sorry for the delay guys, pre-holiday shit is a biiiiiitch...)))
Mr. Banana
Sophomore

Postby Prince Blanche » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:48 am

"That's quite a bit angrier than I've usually seen him..." Noah said as he picked up the earpiece and put it on while picking his copy of the files. There was a part of him that was very much amused at the whole exchange between the italian demi-god and the japanese goth, but tried not to give it much importance for now.

The demon walked out of the room and headed towards the library, eyeing the papers in his hand every now while letting out a small sigh.
Prince Blanche
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner