Sword and Sorcery

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby Towkarn » Mon May 07, 2012 11:19 pm

Toby glanced at Noah as David mentioned Galahad being a delicious snack. He quickly looked back to David, confident nobody had seen the full extent of his expression behind his domino mask. He wasn't sure if Noah was sensitive to the topic of demonic bargains in any way, but saying that Galahad would be a tasty snack seemed like either quite a lot of ignorance or purposeful baiting on David's behalf.

"Well, I think Cypher said you were in the Psychic's class? Or maybe there's some other new guy I haven't met, yet." He gave David a cheeky grin. It wasn't so long ago that Toby was 'the new guy', since his powers hadn't developed until much later than his brothers and sisters. "Do you do weapons training?" He asked, sitting up a little straighter and looking a bit perkier with the question.

"Sir Galahad, that's not a trapping box, it's called a television. It's like... a painting that can move and make sound. So, yeah, no need to stab it. It's not evil. It's for entertainment." Chirp spoke carefully, a little slower than she normally would to make sure he would understand her through her accent. All the while she was placing a dainty hand gently on his wrist to motion that he could safely lay down his sword.

Giovanni was simply laughing at Galahad's antics.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Tue May 08, 2012 12:47 am

Dani glanced at Chirp. "Don't say it's not evil, what'll he think when he sees Jersey Shore?" she muttered. "...I hope the others are okay, they've been in the library for quite some time..."

Galahad blinked a few times, then picked up the remote as shown by Dani and hit a button. A cooking show came on, then a child's cartoon, then an advert for a blender. Galahad just stared, mesmerised.

Troy shivered at David's suggestion. "Thats a really terrible possibility...I mean, imagine what could happen if someone who wanted immortality and was totally evil...got their hands on the Holy Grail" the capitals were pronounced...and significant. "Ugh...listen we should leave Travis to it I guess and go meet with the others? Maybe we can ask Galahad about the Grail itself?"

OOC: Hand-wavium to rejoin two of the three groups again. That way everyone can laugh at the poor befuddled pretty boy knight.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Wed May 09, 2012 12:50 am

"What I wonder is what'll he do if he ever gets to see RuPaul's Drag Race. Though I can always leave that to my imaginary escapes, I guess" Veronica said to herself with a breathy sigh. "That said, from what it looks like, we might have found our perfect babysitter for our relic, at least for the time being. For better or for worse"

Noah was about to open his mouth to say something about demons, souls and some such not-totally-relevant-nonsense, but the last thing Troy said piqued his curiosity a little. "That.... could be the best option we have for the moment. I mean, I don't think those two are going to come out soon, and we need more information..."
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Wed May 09, 2012 1:20 am

"They show drag-racing on TV here? I thought it was illegal?" Giovanni raised an eyebrow at Veronica, obviously not aware of what she was referring to.

"Well, maybe we should just put it on a channel where he's not gonna see anything horrible like Jersey Shore. How about Discovery? Maybe some doco's will help him get a better idea of our world." Chirp suggested.

Toby jumped up from his seat, stretching his arms over his head and still coming nowhere near to Noah's height. He yawned and walked over to Troy, held his arms up like a child wanting to be carried and waited to see if it worked.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby ajah2 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:55 am

"Maybe making friends won't be so hard" David thought before answering Toby's questions.

"Yes I am the new student in the Psychic's, though as for other new people, I have no idea there could be another one hiding somewhere.. and yes I do weapons training, Mostly polearms and the like"

Walking over with Toby to Troy, David watched as Toby turned on the charm in an attempt to get picked up.
Raising an eyebrow and smirking a little at Toby's antics David asked "So how about yourself, do you do any weapons training?
ajah2
Prospective Student

Postby The Hellion » Thu May 10, 2012 1:49 am

"Oh but its all woman Drag-Racing" Dani said to Giovanni. "You'd love it, they're your type of woman"

She patted him on the arm and flicked to a documentary on world war 2. Galahad flinched. "What are they? Who are they?" he pointed to tanks, soldiers, the host, his questions were endless.

Troy was texting Dani for their location. "I do archery" he murmured not sure who was being addressed as they headed to the Dormitories. "And a bit of staff work...I don't like sword play but I do some...um...wait were you not talking to me?" he murmured, blushing
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Thu May 17, 2012 3:00 am

Giovanni raised an eyebrow even as he grinned. "Yeah? Drag-racin' chicks? Sounds hot! I think I gotta look this up." He was obviously imagining something very different to the reality. Chirp had to hide her smile behind her hand as she giggled.

"I use sais!" Quick as a flash they were unsheathed from his back and brandished for full effect. "Useful for disarming and K.O.'s, one quick strike to the noggin' and the goons are down for the count!" He didn't mention the other weapons he was trained in; partly because he didn't like people thinking he was a braggart and partly because he only trained in those weapons because it took so long for his powers to emerge.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Thu May 17, 2012 6:18 pm

OOC: Moving many people to the common room so all groups are together

"Cam uses those too sometimes, uh but he usually uses the shorter prongs to snag and disarm wapons and then...well he's not allowed use them other than on holograms" Troy said. "I don't like weapons that can do too much harm, usually my arrows are blunted or stun tipped" Troy pushed open the door to the common room...

Just as Dani sat Giovanni down in the corner and turned Rupauls Drag Race on for him. "Enjoy" she cooed.

"Where are Cam and Travis?"

"Ritual room"

"...Poor Travis, I wonder if he ever gets a break from Cam's antics" Dani mused.

Galahad was looking in confusion at the DVD case for American Dad. "What strange wood carvings...i cannot even feel teh groove...but what has happened to this one's chin"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby The Hellion » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:08 am

Outside the School
OOC: There was vague activity! Must seize opportunity damn it Candy, where are you when i need you...probably having RL things damn you and your grounded sense of reality

The black limo pulled up. There was a silence around it that bordered on menacing but drifted comfortably in eerie. It was a funerary car really and that certainly had an impact.

One of the girls shrieked as a ghostly figure materialized by the door in a chauffeurs uniform and cap. He opened the door and the second the Jimmy Choo hit the pavement every girl in the school tensed.

OOC: This is the shoe, just with more of a bone and eye motif than a floral pattern: http://fashionwhipped.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/jimmy-choo-05.jpg

The young woman had mocha dark skin and bright crimson hair. She wore a dress of black silk and buckled belts that accentuated her hourglass figure. She shut the clasp of her matching purse and put on her D&G glasses. "That will be all, James" she sighed as the ghost swirled into the pendant around her neck. "God...what a sty" she scoffed as she strode towards the school doors. "Daddy I am absolutely SEEEEETHING" she snapped, revealing the wireless connection attached to her ear. "Oh but Daddy! Oh fine, if it's THAT important I'll go looking for this silly little man"

The teenage girl strode up the steps. She barely glanced at the gathered students on the steps as she swept by them: Kimmick "The nerds called you're due back at Cyber-Brothel-dot-net", Liberacion "Red White and Blue? That's not going to deter Immigration, sweetie.", Deadlift "Look who ate his trough of steroids this morning, so it's probably the size of a peanut by now, right?" , Epsilon "You'll never be your daddy, sweetums" and Silvermoon "It's called conditioner" none of them had a chance to react.

There was barely time for anyone to process the insults before she had vanished into the school.

In the common room Dani looked up. "B!tch sense tingling"

The waves of necromantic magic pulsating off the girl caught a lot of attention from the mystic students. A horribly cold feeling, like the chill of the grave or the touch of a corpse down their spine. It wasn't just the B!tch sense that was being triggered by her presence.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:57 am

Breathing heavily Travis hooks a stool from under the table with his foot and sits down. He's been chanting for awhile and drawing on Cam for energy slowed him down. He's a little out of breath.

"That was strange. Someone tried to eavesdrop on the casting, sloppy though, I countered it."

He rubs his wrist.

"Let's get started then. Weird! I speak your name freely given and call your sight!"

An image begins to form in the mirror of a pretty red headed girl of Mediterranean no wait, asian, bacground. Her features slowly shift and she seems to be arguing with someone 'off camera'.

"Weird. I'm having a bit of trouble-"

"You and me both snowglobes. I've got two warring clans of gremlins and - PUT THAT DOWN OR I"LL SHOVE IT UP YOUR-- that's better."

Travis frowns. "Where are you?"

"Melbourne, visiting Flint for a bootycall."

"Gremlins aren't native to Australia."

"Tell that to the- OH THATS IT!"

S/he lashes out with and arm and grabs a wriggling something. A second mouth grows in his/her side and he shoves the thing in there so a pair of kicking legs are all that stick out.

"Look T, I gotta go, things are getting out of control. Flint is off dealing with some Sirens that have set up shop in the Yarra so I don't think he'll be much use either. If I get things wrapped up here I'll call."

The image in the mirror fades and Travis purses his lips.

"Lui Shi"

"Star. Is all well? There seems to be trouble aplenty."

Travis is speaking in mandarin, his accent wooden. The person in the mirror is masked, her hair pulled up tight into a severe bun but with small white flowers softening it slightly. She responds in English.

"We have a few situations it's true. There's a large scale spectral outbreak taking place. Sally is working on an invocation to the August Personage in Jade to try and stem the flow but Decicrate and I have our hands full. Can you assist?"

Travis shakes his head.

"Not directly. I might be chasing the source though."

She nods.

"Well enough. I should go."

The mirror starts to fade but Travis holds the connection.

"Keep an eye on Deci for me?"

"I'm not her keeper, or your spy, call her."

The mirror goes dark.

Travis makes call after call, getting similar responses. An excitable boy with purple hair fighting a dragon, an Angel beating back a horde of demonically possessed goats and what appears to be a tree. None are able to offer aid

Travis sighs and stows the tools and collecting the bits that are his.

"Guess we're on our own for now, though we might get help later. We should go join the others."

He tenses for a moment and his teeth are visible. It's not a smile.

"Do you feel that."

Krilla winces. She doesn't pick up peoples emotions but this is causing all sorts of weird echoes in peoples minds. She jumps from mind to mind tracking the sensation and watches her go past from Deadlifts eyes, he's easy to hijack.

Swift raises an eyebrow at Dani.

"At this school? How can you tell?"
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:16 pm

Cam shudders. "Yes...Gosh I feel so cold...warm me up?" He dramatically pressed himself to Travis...then reached past him and plucked his jacket off the hook on the wall. "...I have a really bad feeling about this...oh and if anyone asks can we please tell them that you and I FINALLY gave into public demand and did it?" he winked with a chuckle.

The girl swept in the door and looked around the common room. "...god not a single one of you knows how to dress" she scoffed. Her mind was horrible...confirmed...her will and ruthlessness were like a diamond hard sword she just swept a gaze across the room until she found Giovanni and Galahad near the television.

"Narrowing it down at least. I'm Severina Emanuelle Van Der Atte of the Praetoria Van Der Atte's...I'll be saving you all from ignorance" another chilly gaze around the room. "One type of ignorance anyway..." she looked Krilla over, mind cut off from even a mild bit of empathy. "...what are you supposed to be?"

Dani quietly stepped between Troy and the new arrival. "I think she's what we all are...not impressed"

"Goth went out ages ago sweetie...can't you try something a little less... bourgeois?"
"What? Like Putting you in a guillotine? I'm game"
Death glares were exchanged.

[OOC: Posting Severina's Bio for reference in the next few minutes]
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Noah gasped a little as if in shock, shaking his head a bit as he winced a little. "Whoa.... did anybody else feel like someone took up a dead mouse and shoved it up your nostrils?"

Veronica, snapping out of the amusement from Giovanni's reaction to his expectation's against cruel, flamboyant reality, merely eyed the demon, sighed and raised an eyebrow. "I don't know if I should ask, or even if I want to ask, but I can't contain it: what?"

"Ehmm.... I mean, you know. Like, a feeling of deadness lingering around or... well, that. Like we just had a corpse looming over us"

"...." the gynoid stared blankly at Noah for a few seconds before just saying "I don't suppose you guys actually understand what he means, or do you?"

There wasn't much time to answer as Severina made her dramatically b!tchy entrance, cutting off pretty much anything going on.

"I'm seriously in between saying 'girls calm yo t!ts' going all 'it's sock-a-skank-in-the-face time..." Veronica said as she glared the newcomer.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby The Hellion » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:21 pm

OOC: Appologies in advance, Severina is vicious I shall endeavour to balance any insults to other characters with ones to my own of the same nature and as much spite as she has...and she has a lot.
OOC2: Pro-Tip to deal with Severina, ignore her b!tchiness or just b!tch back at her, she's a parody of Regina George from Mean Girls. You aren't meant to like her you are meant to despise her with every fiber of your being

Severina glanced at Veronica. "Oh darling..please." She rounded on her giving her a quick once over and then cutting loose.

"So tell me did you actually pay for those or was there an mix up with a blimp factory? Jessica Rabbit called, you can't pull it off" she indicated Victoria's chest. "Oh and I love the look, desperate hooker is so IN right now I'm sure you're popular with all the boys, I'll get your number - you're listed on the boys bathroom walls right. Nice hair, did a drag queen have an estate sale? -"

"Knock it off" Dani snapped. "You don't know anything about Ve-"

Severina cut right in. "Sorry didn't hear you darling over the sound of EMO coming from you...oh and I like the corset, is that the only backbone you can get? Nice complexion I didn't know Tip-Ex did cosmetics and tell me are you putting yourself through school standing on street corners or is it just a hobby. Not that anyone would ever pay for" she wiggled her finger at Dani. "that. You must really be desperate for a man...which is a pity because there's no one THAT desperate out there."

Dani was speechless...stuck there in outrage and very slight...insecurity. Severina flicked her hair. "So where are the actually useful people around here and which one of these is the jerk that set this all off?" she gestured at Giovanni and Galahad, the latter of whom was utterly bewildered.

Troy looked around and then stood up to approach Severina.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:03 pm

"How about we tell them you took off your pants and I had to fend you off with a fire extinguisher. It has more of a ring of truth to it."

The two boys make their way to the cafeteria and rejoin the others.

(ooc: yay scooby doo travel!)

Krilla considers carefully and gets ready to speak. Then realizes she can't, not telepathically at least.

She rubs her throat and the voice that comes out is surprisingly deep, with out of time pauses.

"I'm Cassandra. I take it that. You have some business. Relating to this morning. You wish to discuss."

Swifts eyebrows are making a spirited attempt to rejoin his hairline. He takes a drink to cover some of his shock.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:30 am

Cam sighed. "Please, I always work on getting the other person's pants off and you ARE a fire Extinguisher anyway"

They stepped into the Dorm room and there was still a tense silence.

The Van Der Atte Family were (in)famous as necromancers, their only daughter Rina was a terror on the private academies of Europe and South Africa and here she was with one of the Thirteen Treasures of Magic hanging around her neck and a b!tchy comment on her lips ready to fire.

She glanced at the duo who had just entered. "Oh wow" she said to Travis. "They allow you to use prostitutes on the school grounds? That explains so much......what was this one on a discount or something? Buy one get one free?". She turned to look Cassandra over as she was address. "Yes sweetie, I am, see Daddy figured out that Govannon was freaked about one of his old enemies landing back in" she opened her clutch purse and took out an envelope. "Daddy got a call from Ms La Croix and since I was nearby had me come over to help while I'm on a sabbatical from school. M'kay?"
The Hellion
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner