Sword and Sorcery

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby Prince Blanche » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:33 pm

Veronica seethed, glaring at Severina, some small sparks jumping off from the tips of her fingers. No. Calm down. Don't do anything stupid. Don't do anything rushed or stupid or CRUSH THAT CHEAP HO'S FACE! A few deep breaths and clenching her fists was enough to calm down just a bit, enough not to do something too sudden but not enough to actually stop her from being so tense.

Noah merely looked at Rina, finally getting just why he felt the way he felt. The girl oozed death, it was just something so connected to her nature that it surprised him that he could say she was alive after all. He didn't react much at the girls' verbal pseudo-catfight, partly due to the lingering shock he still had and partly out of the... sheer feeling of flashback to his childhood it brought. When he finally spoke, he just looked at Rina and said "Just... WHAT are you exactly?" He would have considered asking why she was so mean with everybody but even he knew that would only get him under fire so he abstained himself as best as he could.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Travis just looks at Severina. His face is the blank mask of his ice heart. He sits down in a chair where he can see her. He's still not looking crash hot but he seems improved  slightly.

Krilla gestures at the table. 

"Then please. Sit down."

She reaches out and knocks on the door of Glamour's mind.

Excuse me? There's a girl here saying your called her father.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:07 am

Long had I prayed I would never need the help of a Van Der Atte again...thank you Krilla I'm on my way...try not to kill the little brat before I arrive. Justified as it would be. Glamour responded.

Cam intercepted Dani picking up a lamp to throw and shook his head.

"Okay so basically" a ghost whipped out of her pendant to dust off the seat as she sat down. "Govannon and Daddy are total rivals, see that's what I am, probably one of the most powerful necromancers around once I finish my training, I mean, they put this -" she indicated the ruby amulet. "On demon shamen and ancient wizards and they all got sizzled from the inside out, me I put it on when I was 10 and boom total control. So I know death and Govannon leaves a hell of a mark when he shifts a death onto someone else. So Daddy and I can track him easy, that's why Glamour needs us."

"And of course when you see Govannon you can ruin his day" Glamour swept into the room. "Demons, the undead, the ghostly...you can exert influence over them all given the chance...a valuable tool"

"Totally" Rina said, rising to give the token air kisses from six feet away with Glamour. "So you know he's across the country right? Govannon's been moving around a lot but he's been chasing something really particular that's on loan to some bimbo starlet or something -"

"Said the pot to the kettle" Dani muttered

Rina ignored her. "It's the Eye of Isis, said to be a totem used by Isis to enter the other worlds of ancient times in pursuit of Osiris' life and body and soul" she handed Glamour her iPhone, showing the huge emerald in a diamond and silver setting. "Apparently it's being worn to the Egyptology exhibit in the Preston Museuem of Antiquity...I landed an invite...I'm sure everyone else here could pass for catering staff...on a bad day" she added

Glamour looked around the room. "Well then students...I think we need a school trip..."
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:49 am

Swift gets up and stretches.

"I'll go start pre-flight. Or are we portaling?"

He leans his weight on the table, subtly palming a few of the sharper implements away from Dani.

Travis toys with the pendant around his neck. 

"Eye of Isis. That's suitably epic. Combine that with the compass..." 
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:48 am

Rina glanced at him. "Compass?"

Dani eyed the map and then looked at swift. "Like hell I am even trying to portal this many people that far away" she sighed. "Prep a jet we can be there in an hour if we use one of the good ones"

Glamour flicked her wrist and sent the keys flying through the air to swift. "Don't go to work on the Jet Alone"

"Troy will help!" Dani said, eager to get him away from the acid tongued slag.

"Um okay?" Troy murmured.

Galahad rose. "The compass must be recovered, lest Govanon find his way to Avalon"

"Avalon!" Rina repeated, an unreadable look on her face. "Interesting..."

Glamour frowned. "We'll need to get into that gala to get close to the Eye of Isis..." she mused. "I daren't use my illusions too heavily...lest we trigger any arcane protections on the Eye..."
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:04 am

Travis rubs his chin and speaks while privately sending a message to Krilla.

"So we do things the old fashioned way and rely on our people skills and wits rather then powers?"

He waits a beat.

"Or we could try the old fashioned stealthy breaking and entering."

Krilla. I don't like that look very much. Can you-

No. Or not safely atleast.

Think about it? She's a rapist and cant be trusted.

"If magic based. Illusions. Trigger. The defenses. Will psionics. Have the same. Effect?"

This whole having to use her mouth and lungs to speak thing is a real drag. Atleast there are still plenty of people to steal English from.

Swift spins the keys on his finger and very carefully doesn't mention the set that he totally doesn't have. *cough cough*

"Come on then."

He and Troy head down to the hanger and get to work getting the jet prepped.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:16 am

OOC: Oh Swift, you so...tricksy

Troy trailed after Swift, pensive.
"So...do you like Dani?" he asked, just trying to make small talk.

Dani wrinkled her nose and looked around. "Huh...weird...never mind" she muttered. Cam glanced at her. "Just a weird feeling of...stuff" she dismissed.

"I'm all for the using our wits thing" Cam added. "Those of us who have any" he added with a pointed tone aimed at Rina.

She ignored him. "It's necessary, if for no other reason than that the Eye of Isis is pretty potent, just untapped, it's got a well of power backed up from years in the museums and sands of Egypt. Plus the private owner is super-attached to it. Very minor magical talent but that just explains his...territorial streak........." she paused. "Huh... anyway the stone needs to be handled carefully or it might cause trouble. This is the first time it's been out of the private collection in 10 years and it's only because the debutante's family are....questionably involved with local...colour"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Swift enters the accesses code into the hanger keypad.

"Dani's pretty cool. Tough. A lot of people talk a good game but crumble if you push them. Push Dani and she drops on you like a ton of angry bricks."

He considers.

"Bricks made of bees."

"If it's being worn to the event would it be easier to grab the eye while they're in transit? Use that as bait to draw out Black and Gonvonn?"

Travis is well known for trying to weasel out of wearing a tie whenever possible.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:37 am

"Oh that's good" Troy said. "I was just wondering if you were one of the guys who wanted to date her, because she gets offended when guys pretend to be her friends to "get to her" or whatever that means. I guess being wealthy has its drawbacks."

The hangar under the school was pretty empty for once but a few jets remained since all the others were in use by seniors and teachers.

"this one's the one" Troy said, indicating the jet which had a number to match the key on the chain. "We can prep it no problem."

Glamour shook her head. "Very risky, the attempt to nab it in transit could be complicated"
"It'll have arrived by the time we get there unless we go instantaneously" Dani shrugged. "By my estimation anyway" she has her iPhone out. "The gala's due to start in less than two hours and we have no idea where the debutante's preparing ,ergo where it'll be delivered, if we fly at top speed we can make it there in an hour but by then it'll already be around her neck if she's prepping for a party."
The Hellion
Senior

Postby The Hellion » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:24 am

Meanwhile...Nearby...
The screens lit up with silvery shadows of people, in the back of the van the technicians all began to get busier as the three silhouettes addressed their chief of operations.

"Agent Crier... progress report"

"The Eye of Isis is the target" the mechanical twinge on the young voice was unnerving, spoken through a full metal mask covering his nose, mouth, jaw and cheeks, down his throat to meld in with his black uniform. "We are prepping an intercept in Saturnalia City"

"We want you to oversee that, rendezvous with Agent Jinx in Saturnalia, retrieve the emerald and capture the warlock"

"Several of the occupants of this school are significant threats"

"Exactly what kind?"

"A sorcerer, animator, demon hybrid, necromancer, a fae and...two demi gods I believe, tests pending -"

"...Intercept we have a window, the usual protections for them are otherwise occupied. Once they are in PHOBIA's clutches they will not escape easily."

Agent Crier always seemed to know which shadow was talking to him, no one else did and he never gave much inclination as to whom he was addressing. "Understood." He saluted.

The van mobilized as the screens went off and headed away down the road.

Meanwhile in Saturnalia City...

Owen sat in a circle of silver powder with a complex diagram in ink beneath his slightly levitating body. "I've gathered my gang, we'll be at the museum for you, no problems".

"Thank you, Alistair...now if you'll excuse me I have a little spell to prepare as plan B"

"Plan B?"

"The Gem's owner is a slimey worm...but his building is excellently warded...I am making preparations for him escaping with the gem and returning to his haven"

"Uh...great?"

"Yes. It will be." The candles flared with purple flame.

"From ash and bone I conjure thee,
loyal from death thou shalt follow me,
where darkness fell let the spark ignite,
journey home from the endless night,
sands of time shall make thee dust,
yet from the grave thou shalt be thrust,
fires spark in throat and heart,
separate pieces no more apart,
guided from the realm of the dead,
there and here 'tis by my will you're lead.
Bind the circle and return to my side.
Seal the whisper, oh servant who died."

The flames swirled upwards and spread out to each corner of the room where several old, dirt covered caskets of different shapes and sizes lay and now burned.

One snapped open and a long fingered white hand clasped the side of one and the disembodied arm pulled itself out.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:38 pm

Toby was quite happy that standing nearby Krilla meant he was overlooked by the scary voodoo girl. Chirp just had a look of "Oh, bring it, b!tch, I will flat-out K.O. you" barely hidden behind the veil of Canadian manners. Toby stepped forward now, offering a way to get the magical amulet people were talking about.

"We could do a Where's My Mommy routine; at a big fancy gala thing there's usually security everywhere, right? So if we can't get it in transit, and we don't know where they'll be before the gala, we need a distraction while we're there to get everybody focused on the wrong thing. Preferably something that isn't going to get the magic-users throwing spells around. So I'll pretend I've been hurt or something, and while the security team is having trouble with me throwing a tantrum, someone steal the necklace."

Chirp put her hand on her shorter brother's blonde head and ruffled his hair. "Y'know, there's gonna be a day when you're tall enough that won't work any more."

"Psh, nonsense, everybody's a sucker for a distressed blonde," Toby winked - forgetting he was wearing his mask and nobody would see it.

Giovanni was busy trying to prepare Galahad for anything the Queen B!tch might throw his way; after the initial culture shock from Ru Paul's Drag Race had worn off, he'd started basically whispering in the knight's ear.

"So if she makes some reference you don't get, don't ask her what it means, she'll just use that as more ammo to shoot you with. An' if there's some situation where you might possibly end up alone with her, avoid it like the plague; which, hey, she just might have, playing with undead things."

Finished handing out advice, the Demi-God stood up and stretched, extending his arms up over his head to make sure his shirt would lift enough to show off some muscles. He kept a barely-open eye on the necromancer girl as he did so, sizing up her reaction to see just how much he could toy with her.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:42 am

Rina glanced at Giovanni, skimmed his face and body with her eyes, seemed to size him up and categorize him and then turned back to Glamour. She had found an alpha-male to use as a boyfriend if she decided to transfer.

"Can we go now?"

Glamour frowned and looked to Chirp and her brother. "A good plan, I think. The jet should be ready, everyone grab your things and let's go"

Galahad looked around blankly as Dani headed for the hangar and Cam headed to his dorm to grab clothes. "Why are we flying a precious stone somewhere?" he asked anyone in ear shot.

OOC: We can skip right onto the plane so you guys can finishing-touch your plan or whatever. We should gather momentum to the fun stuff I guess but whatever pace works for you guys. The boards aint exactly pumpin
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Veronica didn't have to be told twice to start walking: the sooner they could get over this, the sooner they could say goodbye to Deadgirl and her army of cutting remarks. The assessing look that Rina gave to Giovanni didn't exactly ingratiate her to Veronica, although the gynoid just tried to ignore that.

"Because we have to so the bad guys don't get it" Noah responded Galahad's question, trying to be nice to the time displaced knight as they walked towards the hangar. He eyed Rina every now and then, with an expression in between fascinated and terrified, but tried to contain himself from doing so and just focus on the things at hand.

"Such an enlightening explanation, really" Veronica said, but the demon didn't pay her much attention.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby The Hellion » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:18 am

Galahad blinked, looking utterly befuddled as he was ushered onto the Jet and into a seat.

Glamour was hot on their heels in an entirely new outfit and with a grim look on her face. "Saturnalia City is something akin to Las Vegas married to New York, it was built by a mad man with too much money, our target is the museum where the gala is being held to celebrate the new Egyptology wing and to raise money for a charity helping the street children of Egypt."

Cam tossed his case in under the seat he had chosen. "Always keep a bag packed" he muttered to Dani who rolled her eyes as she took her own seat.

"The Museum will be well guarded as Saturnalia Police are more protective of the wealthy than anyone else. Several important families and figures will be there so subtlty is of the essence. The lucky wearer of the Isis Gem is unknown"

Rena strode up onto the plane and sat down not far from Veronica. "Oh wow, thank God this plane comes with airbags" she sighed.

"why's the b**** with us?" Cam asked loudly.

"That's not nice" Troy called from where he was finishing the prep with Swift.

"Accurate though" Dani added

"Severina can sense the Gem, she'll see past any bait and switch efforts and locate it as soon as she steps into the Museum" Glamour sighed.

"Plus if it accidentally activates or anything I can minimize the damage, being a prima-necromancer and all"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:34 pm

Prima-something, alright, Chirp thought as she made sure her seatbelt was on properly.

"Prima-something, alright," Toby muttered under his breath as he did the same.

Giovanni sat himself across from Galahad. "How much are we expectin' this Govannon guy to send his own people after the gem at this gala?" He asked Glamour, lounging back in his seat where it just so happened both Rina and Veronica would have a good view.
Towkarn
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner