Ghost Night [Warning: Grossness and Horror]

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Ghost Night [Warning: Grossness and Horror]

Postby Towkarn » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:25 pm

Thread Details:

This is going to be a sort of "Halloween thread". It will contain some horror elements, possibly a damsel-in-distress situation, plenty of gory details; but of course I can hardly keep the humour out of it... seriously, just look at the Halloween fic I wrote for Chris! My sense of humour gets morbid sometimes... anyway, the details.
- It's All Hallow's Eve, there's a big party in the gym being set up, most teachers are there to either set up or "supervise".
- The art rooms have been set up like a haunted house. This is the main attraction while the gym is being set up. The supervising teacher is Mr. "Schrodinger" Moreno. If you would like to have your character involved in the Haunted House (either actively scaring people or just lending something to be used for spooky factor), please PM me.

Ghost Night

It began with a hallway full of paintings. Termite-eaten wood frames or broken brass frames encapsulated each of them. They were each of something that fit the theme of the night, eight landscapes and four portraits in all. One which was entitled "The Horrors of Loyalty" depicted war scenes, with only the dead remaining to continue the battle. One which was entitled "The Horrors of Captivity" depicted prisoners freed from the mortal coil, their chained corpses rotting atop each other. One which was entitled "The Horrors of Religion" gave a view of a man's punishment in Hell, his own intestines being fed to him by horned red demons with goat legs and pitchforks as others were tortured all around him. In one entitled "The Horrors of Encouragement" landscape there was a crowd gathered around as two women scratched the flesh from each other's faces, the crowd cheering them on for eternity.

The portraits weren't any prettier, showing grotesque figures such as a woman with rusted nails in her eyes with a title such as "Never Peek Again", or a young man dressed in old English nobles' clothing holding his crudely-severed head under his arm which was called "A Lesson In Humility". These paintings had all been submitted as assignments by students. Above this hallway, lying in wait, was a pair of golden, glowing eyes.

Mitch was, perhaps for the first time since transferring to this school, actually having fun. He wore a pair of headphones as part of a headset that had been specifically designed to cancel out noises above certain volumes and pitches, making sure that even if someone like Faye were to scream as loud as they could, it would not disturb the boy managing the entrance of the Haunted House. This was, however, a secondary purpose. The headset was to communicate with the other students running the show.

"Another bunch of cheerleaders coming in, guys," he whispered into the microphone as he saw the girls - still in their cheerleading outfits - carefully making their way down the entrance hall. They made appropriately sickened faces and comments at the paintings, and just as they were about to reach the door, the golden eyes watching them from above glowed and the woman with nails in her eyes crawled out of the painting, giving a wretched wail of agony. The cheerleaders screamed and ran for the door, charging throuugh the broken wreckage like so many others.

"Heh, you shoulda seen that blonde chick; she jumped about three feet out of her skin!" Mitch snickered, dropping the illusion and preparing for the next lot.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:04 am

Sydney took a gander at all the paintings and the costumes, this was sure to be his first Halloween party ever so he was definitely enjoying it. Sean was in the Gym.

The Android made his way to the Gym and smiled a bit at Mitch.

"Impressive set up Mitch." Sydney said with a grin. "This is killer."
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Mr. Banana » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:50 pm

If there's one thing that Dante learned in all his years in the States, it's that if you REALLY want to freak people out, just take all your classic horror elements (that Americans find so trite nowadays) and fetishize the FUCK out of it; like in the Hellraiser movies. Of course, the school board turned down his idea of doing a 'Whore-ror House', being the killjoys that they all are... It was like these people had an aversion to fun.

Ah well... Nothing left but to make do with the available options.

He was rather impressed with that 'Sculptor' kid (Mitch was his name, right?), he seemed to be going for broke. Heh, looking at the paintings and illusions, if there were any other teacher supervising they'd stop this whole event from going this far. Besides, this kind of thing was good for them all! He'd be more than willing to give them some leeway with the issue.

"Haha, well done!" The undead cyborg placed a jubilant hand of approval on Mitch's shoulder after watching the cheerleaders run for dear life. "But I feel like we could do better..."

As unsettling as this all is to most people, what a truly good horror environment does is let people's own imaginations work against them - like how little kids aren't really afraid of the dark, but what could be in the dark. All it really needs to do is figuratively hand you a piece of sandpaper and shout encouraging words while it watches you massage your own undercarriage.

"Tell you what," Moreno broke out of his musing and brought his attention back on Mitch, "If you manage to make someone break down and cry, I've got a reward for you."

'And a camera to catch the whole thing and put it on the internet for the lulz...' Moreno smirked inwardly. Yeah... not gonna say that aloud...

(((OoC: A little insight to what Moreno has in mind... >;3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1RKuM57nPA
And also, sorry for the dely. -.-;; )))
Mr. Banana
Sophomore

Postby Towkarn » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:34 am

He was keeping an eye on the door for more people to scare, only half-listening to Schrodinger. He was also deciding on which painting to use next, or if he could take a moment to work with the mannequins that had been placed in the other rooms.

"Um, isn't that kinda mean, sir?" He said in response to Mr. Moreno's competitive urging. He was all for giving people a shock or something, but doing something that might give people phobias or a mental breakdown was serious. Being Australian he was well aware of how prevalent mental illness was in society and it wasn't something he wanted to inflict on people.

Never mind the fact he'd possibly already done so with some of those paintings, but he didn't think they were scary or creepy. He'd only done one of them, but he'd really liked each of them.

"I'm not gonna get in trouble from this, am I, sir?" He raised an eyebrow at the cyborg, the effect being rather eerie with his golden eyes glowing in the darkness that surrounded them.

In another room, the group of cheerleaders were still breathing heavily from their mad dash to get away from the woman with nails in her eyes. They now stood in one of the studios, a dozen featureless mannequins positioned about the otherwise bare room. One of the girls stuck up her chin and, with a comment about mannequins not being scary at all, walked up to the nearest mannequin and kicked it in the shin. The mannequin fell over from the force of the blow, then stood back up and turned to face the girl. She squeaked in surprise, turned to her friends and said it must be a robot.

One of her friends, an electrokinetic, said there was nothing robotic about it. The mannequin grabbed the girl in a bearhug and she screamed, kicking and squirming as she tried to get away. The other mannequins all took this as their cue to play out their given roles. One by one the mannequins started lumbering toward the girls, the captive one was swarmed by half a dozen mannequins while the other half a dozen went for her friends.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Sage » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:52 am

Ashley had finished doing his part for the evening, having provided levitating platforms when people ran out of ladders or were too lazy to fly and having masked a few of his platforms as ever-so-slight inclines on the floor in certain rooms so that people got the feeling of vertigo as they went through the attractions. He himself was dressed as an Ashley Grant who was not a superhero, wearing the exact same thing he wore every day. He admitted that he would much rather be reading a book on plyometric theory, but instead he shrugged and contented himself to watch the fear on the faces of the frightened.

~
The main frightened face with fear was actually initially unseen. As Ashley did his own thing, he swore he heard the ocean. And then he saw the ocean. From behind the wall rushed a torrent of water, bouncing on the ground unnaturally like a super long ferret with no home training. At some point, the water consolidated and condensed into Roberto, who had continued running, only this time the sound was a high-pitched scream that would most certainly put any dogs in the surrounding area on high alert.

The white-haired youth stopped only when he got through the door. He turned to look back inside, as if the object of his fear was out and about, just chilling. Ashley wondered if Roberto's hair could GET any whiter from fear.

"What scared you?" asked Ashley.

"Nothing!" Roberto called immediately. "I was running so that I could see how other people felt because I'm incapable of fear.... Oh well." Lies.

Ashley stood and walked toward the door that Roberto had come from, confused when a small chihuahua emerged with the cutest eyes one ever did see. He called out to one of the students.

"Mitchell, is this one of yours?" he asked, indicating the small dog.

Roberto was too paralyzed with fear to tell him that he'd been in a room with marionettes, the one thing that scared him more than his number two fear........ chihuahuas.
Is this thing on?
Sage
Sophomore

Postby Mr. Banana » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Moreno looked at the cheerleaders, his cyber-optic eyes' HUD displaying windows for each student with their heart rate, brain wave activity, body temperature, metabolism... If any of these were to show a problem, he'd hear three rapid pings go off inside his ear (more like a chirp), with a flashing warning over said student's window. Hell, he'd even be able to see their outlines through the walls. Gotta love technology, even if it might be the doom of us all, or as Hollywood might like to believe.

"Don't worry - if it gets too out of hand I'll let you know to call it off and I'll step in and handle the rest. But pretty much everyone here is a hero in training..." the teacher added, "we've all got to overcome fear, and this is the best way of doing it. There's no telling what you might face, after all." What Moreno said was the truth, though he didn't add that they might as well have some fun with it as well.

(((OoC: Forry for the crappy short post, feeling kinda half-dead myself right now. But I figured it was time I added something here. XP)))
Mr. Banana
Sophomore

Postby Towkarn » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:32 pm

"Well, alright, sir. I suppose it is good to be able to help people face their fears, right?" He nodded and his eyes stopped glowing. The mannequins were left to do what they had been animated for; simple harrassment, nothing too vulgar.

He put his hand to one side of the headphones, having heard his name. "Is what one of mine? Remember guys, I've only got visual of the entrance unless I'm directing. Is it the goblin? He's not stealing peoples' candy again, is he?"

(Ooc: blurg, cannot brain today, so tired)
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:22 am

Riley couldn't remember the last time he'd had this much fun.

"A paradox? A PARADOX! A most ingenious paradox!" He cried out raucously in feigned madness, his glowing red eyes wide with false insanity as a toothy, fanged grin spread across his face from ear to ear. "We've quips an' quibbles heard in flocks, but none ta beat this paradox! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!" He threw his head back with the laugh, his normal, golden trusses died a dirty blonde for the occasion. It helped tie the whole Spriggan costume together, after all.

Immediately, the group of students he'd dropped in the middle of from the forest-like rafters of his special room shrieked in terror at the sight of him, covered from head to toe in filth and mud like some kind of unkempt demon. As he teleported out of sight, the action sturred up the mist from the hidden fog machines, further obscuring him from their sight. Shaking in fright, one of the guys tried to turn and abandon the girl he was with, only to come face to face with the goblin, who was hanging upside-down mere inches from his face.

"Boo."

"EEEEKKK!!!" The guy screamed like a little girl as he ran out of the room, leaving his friends behind with the creature.

"... Oh well," Riley shrugged as he dropped from the ceiling nimble, landing on all fours. Snapping his head towards the remaining "victims," he slowly closed in on them, hunched over like he'd seen Gollum do so many times in the movies. "Guess I'll have ta make do with what I got fer my supper then-" he teleported right in front of their faces, "-Won't I?"

Everyone screamed, even Riley for humorous effect, and the kids ran out of the room, leaving their candy bags behind in all the commotion. Not one to let good sweets go to waste, Riley happily scooped the bags up and sat down on a log to inspect each one.

"Ah, the spoils o' war," he chuckled to himself as he sucked on a lollipop contentedly. Never before had he celebrated an Oíche Shamhna (Samhain Night) quite as festive as this.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Towkarn » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:07 pm

The sharp sound of Riley's laughter jumped through Mitch's headphones for a moment before the pitch and volume controls kicked in to tone it down. Mitch shook his head at the crazy irishman, smiling at the way he got so into the antics.

"Ash, what's going on? You there?" He asked, having not received the answer to his question about the goblin.

Speaking of the goblin, it was having a lot of fun trying to push people into a cauldron full of fog. The teens it was trying to "cook" however weren't enjoying the situation so much. The guy it was trying to wrestle into the cauldron threw it across the room and the group made a dash for the door. The goblin popped out of a pile of fake foliage near the door and blocked their passage; short-range portals placed under the fake shrubbery in the room were provided by a student and were being used to great effect. One student lashed out at the goblin with electricity, but the goblin didn't budge nor cry out in pain. It felt no pain and the electricity wouldn't damage the clay it was initially made of. The goblin gave a shrieking laugh and grabbed another student to try and shove them into the pot.

In the entrance hall, the painting of the woman with the nails in her eyes moved. Not the frame, but the picture. Slowly pulling herself out of the painting, the woman with nails in her eyes straightened her tattered gown and silently walked through the door beneath Mitch and the teacher. No image of the woman remained in the painting.
Last edited by Towkarn on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby BlackStar » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:52 pm

BlackStar stood outside the room, leaning against the wall. Laughing his ass off listening to the loud screams and scary music coming from inside. It was his only option really. He had no real friends at this school yet, no assigned dorm room and no one to go to the dance with. So he would settle for being outside. Laughing, but too scared to step inside.
BlackStar
Prospective Student

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:54 pm

"C'mon Aaron," Jennifer urged her friend anxiously, practically rocking back and forth in anticipation of the fun they'd have inside the Haunted House, not to mention the dance beyond it. "This is gonna be so fun! I hope we run into Riley in there. I caught a glimpse of his costume just before he left earlier, talk about scary."

The frog-girl had her friend by the wrist as she pulled him along behind her, Aaron chuckling all the while at her antics. It was heartwarming to see her in such a good mood, considering how shy she'd been the first time they'd met.

Like many of the kids at Posiedon Prep, they'd elected to dress in costume for Halloween this year.

Jennifer was dressed as Sailor Neptune from the Sailor Moon series, her outfit made up of the required sailor uniform, a white unitard with a teal pleated skirt and sailor collar, white gloves with teal bands just past her wrists, and two bows, one over her chest and the other at the small of her back. The bow on her chest bore the heart-shaped brooch of the Sailor Senshi in a teal shade, while atop her head was a lovely tiara with a teal gem in the center, making her look like a real princess. Amazingly, she'd even gon the extra mile and worn a pair of teal pumps, something she wouldn't usually do in lieu of letting her webbed feet breathe.

Aaron, on the other hand wore a different attire. The dingy greyed robes of a commoner of ancient China adorned his lean frame, with an undershirt beneath. A sash was cinced around his waist, and about his legs and wrists were a pair of woven bracers His hair was mussed up, purposefully though, and he carried a kalabash gourd in one hand, complete with a stopper on top, and filled with soda. He was the very spitting image of Jackie Chan's portrayal of the Drunken Immortal from "The Forbidden Kingdom."

Casting his gaze upwards for a moment, he caught a glimpse of movement in the rafters. His highly-trained eyes immediately noticed a pair of glowing eyes up there, and his instincts told him it was Mitch. Smiling warmly, he gave a nod in the artisan's direction, waving at him with his free hand as Jennifer pulled him along.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Towkarn » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:06 am

Ash wasn't responding, so Mitch turned his focus back to the entrance hall. He left his currently animate animations to wreak havoc however they liked. It was a good thing he looked back at the entrance when he did, or he would've missed Jennifer and Aaron coming in. He looked over their costumes for a moment, admiring how much effort Jennifer had gone to in order to get the details just right, then picked an illusion to throw at them. Narrowing his eyes in that "menacing" way that Schrodinger showed him, he focused on a painting. His eyes glowed, an eerie effect when the scowling orbs were all you could see of him.

From the walls came the rumbling, jeering noise of a crowd. Suddenly from the painting burst two women, attacking each other viciously. They scratched and tore at each others' faces, tearing out chunks of hair and leaving gashes on exposed flesh with their sharp nails. They screamed their pain and rage at each other until they saw Jennifer and Aaron. The women stopped. They stared. They grinned such wicked grins that only demons themselves could grin. The two women lunged, one for each teenager, once again screaming with rage as their sharp nails and too-long teeth lashed out.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:45 am

"GAH!" Jennifer nearly jumped out of her skin and her costume as the illusionary women took a swipe at her with their viciously sharp nails, eyes wide with surprise and horror. Her first instinct was to backpedal a ways and keep her distance from the demonic women.

Unfortunately, Jenn wasn't used to wearing the pumps that went with her costume, and she suddenly found herself falling head over heels backwards in her attempts to flee. She fell flat on her ass, yelping in discomfort when her skirted bottom hit the floor. She paused only a moment before scrambling backwards even further, as one of the women came inches from scoring a hit on her, the illusion's nails only finding purchase in the floorboards.

Aaron's first inclination was to help Jenn to her feet, but one of the women was on him as well. The martial arts protege ducked, bobbed, and weaved around her swipes, amazed at how she was keeping him on his toes like this. She was certainly winning the psychological warfare part of this bout, that was for sure. That face... That horrible face! Her former opponent had completely gored her, tearing away enough flesh to expose muscle and bone, ripping away her lips to reveal rows of saw-like teeth.

"Jeez!" He barely dodged to the left before the woman took a bite out of his abdomen, feeling his back hit the wall hard.

It was like fighting a bipedial shark!
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Towkarn » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:41 pm

With delighted screams, the vicious women fell on their intended victims. The illusions broke the moment they made contact, as was the nature of Mitch's powers. The screams were he last thing to fade.

In his hidden alcove just above the entrance hall, the golden eyes smiled mischievously. The door at the other end of the hall creaked open. A voice, digitally modified to sound deeper and creepier, echoed down the hall.

"Enter, brave young souls, and discover what horrors await you..."

--------------------

Wandering a hallway, head hanging as if in shame, the woman with nails in her eyes halted as a group of teens came giggling and shrieking out of a room filled with reactive slime. One girl looked at the woman, tilted her head to one side as she pondered the wretched vision in front of her, then remembered where she'd seen it before.

"Oh, hey, this is the painting that attacked us at the start! Ugh, lame, why'd they have'ta go an' use the same thing again?" The girl rolled her eyes, unimpressed this time and raised a hand toward the woman. The teen let out a small energy blast, intended to disperse the illusion. Sadly, this was not an illusion. The energy blast was instead absorbed.

The woman with nails in her eyes looked up at the girl, a terrifying smile on her lips. The girl's eyes widened, her friends gasped. Screams of true terror echoed down the hallway.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:41 pm

"Owie," Jen moaned weakly, her heart still in her throat from the scare she'd just been given as she remained sitting and massaged her pained tush. She took a moment to glare daggers at the pumps adorning her webbed feet, knowing she would've moved faster and not be in this position if not for those cursed things. This is why she preferred to go barefoot, or at least wear something comfortable.

A shadow over her drew the frog-girl's attentions away from her predicament. A quick look upwards gave her cause for relief as Aaron stood over her, hand extended with a sincerely concerned look on his face, a weak smile touching his lips. The fright had obviously unnerved him as well.

"Need a hand?"

"Thanks," she replied as he helped her shakily to her feet, steading her a moment with his other hand to keep her from toppling over in her uncomfortable shoes. She winched momentarily at the pain in her backside as she did.

"You're not hurt are you?" His concern doubled at that, hoping it was nothing serious.

"Heh, only my pride," she said with sarcastic laugh. "Stupid shoes." Finaly able to stand on her own, Aaron let Jen lead the way, the moment of terror over, and anticipation for what lay ahead returning. The night was young after all, and there was much more to see at this party. "Well then, "Monkey-boy"," she teased playfully, a confident grin returning to her face, "let's see what else "the Crypt Keeper" here has in store for us."

With that optimism in mind, the two students pressed onward, entering the dark hallway before them.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Return to RP Corner