A Night To Remember

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

A Night To Remember

Postby Safeguard » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:38 pm

[[OOC: This is a role-play I have been thinking about for a while, it will have some fighting, hopefully not too much, and some X-Mas stuff, I urge you to please bare with me, since I haven't done an RP in a very long time, so I am a bit rusty. Anyway have fun.]]

The Mall was bustling with crowds of people, Sydney and Aubrey walked briskly from store to the next to find the best clothes and electronics, not only for their friends but for each other. ;)

Aubrey was wearing a red/black hoodie with a polo shirt underneath and black pants with red sneakers and grey socks.

Sydney was a little different, he had a black golf shirt with an upturned collar, grey pants and sneakers, very simplistic.

Oh yeah, and the boys' hands were full with one bag each.

"Did you plan on how we're getting back?" Sydney asked.

Aubrey laughed: "No." he blushed.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Sage » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:27 pm

Ashley looked around the mall, taking a gander into this shop and that as he entered. As a Queens boy all the way, he was rather put off by large malls like this, preferring the quaint village-like atmosphere that came with the personalities of the salespeople. Also, the salespeople weren't salespeople there; they were neighbors, or someone you'd get to know and whose children you would look out for should you see them in the street. The mall was always too leisure class-esq for him, even though his appearance downright screamed leisure class.

The throngs of people that swirled about him during the Christmas season forced him to stand out by their sheer speeds alone. He walked at a respectable pace, wearing his light khaki straight cuts and brown loafers. His pecan-colored button-down looked dull against his golden skin, but the scarlet red pimple that spawned against his left cheek demanded attention in all its brightness. He'd put some cream on it earlier, and it didn't bother him too much anyway.

He took careful note of the modern architecture of the plaza square, noting it's repeated hexagonal theme, thus making it less of a plaza square and more of a plaza hexagon. But no one was being specific. Finding himself rather bored, he allowed himself to remember why he was here: The little water witch that couldn't be trusted after the last incident.

As if on cue, Roberto trailed up behind him, his face flushed with exhilaration. He handed a ring of keys to Ashley as he beamed. "Thanks for letting me park, Ash; I promised I wouldn't hit anything, and I didn't."

Ashley furrowed his brow. "You promised you wouldn't hit anyone, if I recall."

Roberto's flushed face got a teensy bit redder. "Well, I didn't really hit him, per se. It was more of a love tap between machine and blind man..."

"Is my Audi still alive?"

"It doesn't even have a dent."

"Then go shopping in peace, Roberto."

The white-haired youth nodded and left, going off to the bookstore where he could pick up the fourth installment of Wicked. Ashley, on the other hand, went to the food court for a walnut salad. He wondered if he would be interacting with the kids more.
Is this thing on?
Sage
Sophomore

Postby Towkarn » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:50 am

Art supplies run out terribly quick. At least, they do when someone keeps using them all up in a matter of days. Mitch had been experiencing some creativity blockage, so canvas after canvas and bottle after bottle of paint had gone to waste. He had been trying to force his way through it; after all, he had to get the painting done in time to get it into the post so it would arrive in time for christmas. His Papa had been telling him that his Daddy had almost panicked about organising presents this year; usually they'd just watch whatever he was working on at the time and buy him something appropriate to that. This year, they had no idea what he was working on because he was on the other side of the planet.

So here he was, at the mall, carrying five bags and two boxes of art supplies. It was awkward to carry them all by himself, but he had come alone and didn't want to have to make multiple trips. Sitting on top of the two boxes was a plush toy of a baby grizzly bear. Looking like any other mad-christmas-shopper, possibly worse in his paint-stained tracksuit pants and baggy black paint-stained shirt, Mitch nudged the plush bear out of his view with his nose and looked about for a place to sit.

He wasn't sure when he'd reached the food court, but the smells were making his stomach almost roar. It was about then he realised he hadn't eaten since yesterday. Woops. He quickly got in line for a small chinese food outlet, bought some Mongolian Beef and Sweet and Sour Pork then went to find himself a seat.

With crowds being what they were with the christmas shopping going on, Mitch was having quite a bit of trouble finding a seat. He tried, and failed, a number of times to reach a seat before some family or couple of shoppers would get there first. Not being the type to cause confrontation over something as silly as public seating, Mitchell just continued searching.

"Excuse me, is this seat taken?" He asked a golden man who appeared to be sitting by himself. If this guy was doing some sort of performance art by painting himself gold, he didn't want to interrupt, but he really needed to sit down and eat before he fainted or something. Tilting his head to one side like a dog expressing confusion, Mitch wondered why this guy looked familiar. Had he seen him at school? He looked too old to be a student, but too young to be faculty really. Then again, Matilda was a lot younger than the rest of the faculty, he supposed.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:22 am

"Man if I were human I'd be dead tired right now." Sydney said at the electronics store. "Instead I'm here with you, listening to you explain to me, the intricacies of iTunes?"

Aubrey laughed and nodded.

"It's great, these cards can buy you any song you want, but you need the expensive cards if you want to get the whole album." He said.

"And you need special hardware to listen to these iTunes I take it?" Sydney asked and Aubrey shrugged his shoulders.

"Yeah you do, but it's worth it, there are some songs you can't get anywhere else." Aubrey said and grabbed two cards and moved to the register where a rather lean guy was there to take their purchases. Aubrey stole a kiss from the Android and hugged him gently. "Merry X-mas, Syd."

The robotic boy smirked and ruffled the vampire's hair.

"Likewise." He said.

There was a mysterious man, tall clothed in a brown suit, various objects near him seemed to crack and bend at his presence.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Sage » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:16 am

"It sure is not," Ashley answered immediately, happy for the company of someone who did not look as if they would murder his automobile. He took a last quiet chomp of walnut and lettuce draped in a gooey walnut dressing before looking up to see the dark-haired, golden-eyed youth. He raked his brain for a moment before coming up with a name. But it was awkward because he didn't actually know the student, and he wasn't a full teacher who could justify memorizing the roster... He was just good at names. For hell's sake...

"This time of the year is really busy," he observed. "How are you keeping up under all of that... consumerism?" Those bags and boxes certainly did remind him of the money he never spent, save that one time as an 18 year old when he splurged his savings all over Grand Rio Mall.

~~~

"You break it, you buy it," said the clerk boredly to Roberto, who's bookmark inexplicably split in half.

"I didn't do it! I was holding it with one hand!"

"Break it, buy it," she pointed to the sign behind her.

Roberto huffed through his nose and glared at the woman. "Challenge accepted." He placed down all of the items he had in his basket and took long and purposeful strides to the exit, all the while staring at the clerk defiantly. He probably thought he looked so cool, but in reality, he was so stiff that he resembled a Nazi-party nutcracker stuck in a robotic body.

He pursed his lips the closer he got to the exit, preparing to show her that he was going to Occupy Barnes & Noble, because 1 percent of the clerk shouldn't be able to be 99 percent of a douchebag and get away with it. He laughed at his own cleverness before hitting something in his path.

"ExCUSE me," Roberto huffed at the brown-suited man. "Don't you see I'm busy OCCUPYING this low-wage book bitch?" He finally decided screw it, and left the store normally, unaware that he actually got the undivided woman's attention with his last comment. He was so sure his exit was bomb-tastic, but then he realized he forgot his wallet. He turned and jogged back in as though nothing happened and found his little basket. He took his clutch from it (yes; a clutch; and anyone with a problem with that could go choke on an icicle) and turned to leave. As he departed, the glass window of the door bent itself backward without cracking even a shard. He turned to see the clerk's mouth wide open and hanging low.

"See?! I told you it wasn't me! Your store has issues!" He walked out and left, heading toward the food court and being so caught up in the fact that he was right that he missed several suspicious and obvious clues.
Is this thing on?
Sage
Sophomore

Postby Towkarn » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:40 am

Mitch smiled and set the bags down next to the seat, putting the boxes on the table as he sat down. He let out a sigh of relief as he did so, set his plate of chinese food down on the table next to the boxes and started to tuck in. He intended on just keeping his eyes on his food and eating quickly so he could get going again, but the other man at the table initiated conversation. He almost grimaced, but managed to hold it back.

"Actually, I kinda used up a whole bunch of art supplies at school and promised to replace 'em." Never mind that the art teacher had told him not to and had said if he was going to buy art supplies to keep at school they'd be his private stuff to use. "Are... are you from Poseidon Prep? I get the feelin' I've seen you before." He asked, frowning in confusion.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:03 pm

"Humans..." The man said and clenched his hand, the railing on the walkway bent and deformed before finally cracking and the tiled floor sported a massive crack in it that followed, inexplicably, Roberto's every move, as well, the people immediately surrounding the strange man were forced to their knees, whatever trinkets they were carrying were also crushed beyond repair.

"Um... well that's unique." Sydney said and Aubrey's amazing eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh...I know him..." Aubrey said. "Robert told me about him, he and his friends fought him to save New York, he's not...of this Earth or even of this universe. If I remember correctly, Robert called this guy a Paloma Blanco..."

"White Dove, interesting..." Sydney said he walked up brazenly to the man and folded his arms, without a second thought the man in the brown suit back-handed the android and he landed in the Burger King outlet with a soda falling on his face. "Graceful." He sighed.

"Your friend is right, my name is Lonán Cian, I used to be a White Dove until I was...cast out." The man said putting extra distaste on the last words. "But now I am here, in this dump, and while my enemy may be absent, his charges are not."
Safeguard
Senior

Return to RP Corner