Opposite Day. [Open To All]

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Opposite Day. [Open To All]

Postby Towkarn » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:32 pm

"Excellent, excellent, soon my greatest creation shall be complete!" The madman laughed maniacally. The minions cringed and tried to move away without being noticed.

"You! Bring me the discombobulator! You! Deactivate the prozamitron!" He barked orders and the minions immediately rushed to their tasks.

"When I finish this machine, those fools will see I was right all along! BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

------------------------------

Toby looked a number of years younger than he really was. This was not helped by the fact that he was still able to wear some sizes of children's clothes. He was also wearing a backpack that made him look like a fourteen year old. Anyone in his year at PPA knew he was seventeen, of course, but random strangers on the street didn't know that. It was a topic he could be rather sensitive about.

"Hey, pip-squeak!" A teenager wearing gang colours yelled at him as he walked down the street.

"Just keep walking, Toby," he told himself, gritting his teeth. If his brothers or sisters were here, the idiot gangster wouldn't have dared to say anything to him. Even Chirp had a better death-glare than him. Of course, they weren't here right now. He'd told them Hall that no, he could run this errand by himself, he didn't need any help just because he was the 'youngest' and they should stop treating him like he did.

"Oi! Pip-squeak! I'm talkin' to you!" Toby staunchly refused to rise to the taunts and kept walking. The gangster had a much larger stride than Toby, though, and easily caught up to him. Grabbing at Toby's shoulder, the other teenager freaked out when his hand passed right through the boy and his clothing and his bag.

"What the hell?! You some sorta freak, kid?!" Toby stopped in his tracks and turned around to face the idiot. Without saying a word he put his hand inside the other teenager's stomach. He raised an eyebrow at the gangster, who looked like he might void his bowels, and chuckled as the gangster turned and ran.

Now that that was dealt with, he could finish his errands and get back to school.

He arrived at his destination without further incident. His destination was, of course, Mama Totti's Toot-Sweet Emporium; the best place for sweets, candy, chocolates, lollies, cakes and all sorts of other delicious treats. He hurried into the shop, went straight to the counter and asked to see the cakes menu. Flipping to the chocolate cakes, Toby began examining each picture. He needed to find the perfect one...
Last edited by Towkarn on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:38 pm

Aubrey, Nate, and Syndey were near the sour worms, Aubrey saw Toby and waved slightly.

"Hey Toby." He said smiling, Nate snatched a bag of those sour nightmares and hurried to the cash register. "What's up?"
"It's actually quite simple, but since you just recently begun to walk upright it may take some time to explain." Jace Beleren to Garruk Wildspeaker.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:46 pm

"Just trying to pick some cakes for our birthday," the short boy said with a bright smile at the other three. "Chirp wants one with caramel, Brunt's going vegan this year and Kilowatt wants something with fruit in it. I think I'm gonna have to get, like, four different cakes!" He laughed, gesturing with the cake menu at the different ones on display.

"But hey, don't tell 'em, this is my surprise!" His grin could've lit the room. "You guys after those sour things again?" He made a face like he'd just licked a lemon. "I don't get how anyone could like those things."
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:52 pm

Aubrey laughed.

"Well vamps don't like candy, so I get to hoard it all." Nate said winking at Toby. "Besides I'm sure Sean would like some."

"My favs have always been the good and plenty, I could heat those till I was sick..." Aubrey smirked.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:18 pm

"Sometimes I wish I could get a maple cake like my mum makes from one of these shops," Toby said, still flicking through the cake menu. "Oh! Hey, maple cake!" He showed the picture to the other guys, grinning mischievously. "Think I could convince them I made it myself?"

A haggard-looking man in a strange uniform walked into the store. He looked like a courier, maybe a bouncer; whatever his profession, his uniform was both obvious and vague about it. The navy blue shirt had white trim, his black pants and polished steel-cap boots were well kept. Still, the uniform only went so far to make him look professional; the bags under his eyes and slight tremble to his hands didn't help that image at all.

"I'm here to pick up an order for Crank." The man said to one of the cashiers. The young girl disappeared into the back room for a moment, came out with her hands on her hips and an eyebrow raised.

"That's a big order. You got a truck, mister?"

"Er, yes. Do I need to get it backed up to the door or something?"

"Yeah, you bring the truck around, I'll get the trolley," the girl sighed, metaphorically rolling up her sleeves to prepare for the terrible task ahead of her. The things we do for customer service...
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:47 pm

"Hmm, maybe if you hid the box it came in." Aubrey chuckled. "I'm sure they'll love it, I could help you with that if you like." He offered.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:10 pm

Toby pondered the hide-the-box scheme for a moment. "That might work, actually. I'll need to put it on a baking tray or something to make it look like it didn't come out of a box..."

The cashier near Toby had a wry smirk on her lips. "You thinking of claiming the credit for our hard work, are you?"

Toby gave her a sheepish grin. "Just try'na trick my sibs!"

The middle-aged woman chuckled and shook her head. "I tried the same thing when I was your age."

"Hey Aubrey," Toby looked back to the vampire with sudden realisation. "I thought you couldn't eat normal stuff."

The younger cashier was now busy wheeling out piles of boxes on a trolley. She took them out the door and came back in with the trolley to fetch more boxes. Outside, the man in the uniform was loading the boxes into the back of a small van. Toby raised an eyebrow at the number of boxes that just kept coming out of the back room.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:25 pm

"I can't, I can drink soda and whatever, but no food." Aubrey said. "But like I said my favs were the Good and Plenty licorice, those were so good." He grinned.

"Must suck on pizza night." Nate said popping a worm in his mouth.

Aubrey laughed and shrugged his shoulders.

"It does, but if the guy who turned me weren't there I would have...well, I wouldn't be here." Aubrey said rubbing his neck. "Long story short, a building fell on me when my friends and I were trying to escape it, you see I can't use my time magic and run at the same time." Aubrey explained.

"Right, it was of alien origin, we got rid of the contraption powering it but without it, everything just crumbled around us." Nate said and sighed. "Like Aubrey said, long story."

"So Toby aren't ya getting anything for ya self?" Sydney asked patting the boy on the shoulder.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:38 pm

"A building, huh?" Toby thought on that. He knew what he would do in a situation like that; phase through the building and just walk out or, if other people were going to get squashed, try to make the building light enough that it couldn't squash people. Of course, his type of powers was apparently kind of rare, so maybe the 'I would have done it like this' conversation would just be bragging.

"So can you still do your magic? Or did that stop, or change, or something, when you turned?"

In response to Sydney's question he grinned and held up the picture of the Maple Cake.

The girl was still carting boxes out to the truck, stacked four high each time. If Toby was right, she'd taken about 24 boxes out now. All of them had the same label: Star Candy, White. Why someone would need that much star candy was beyond him, and why someone would get all the same colour was also strange. Maybe they were having a themed party?
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:52 pm

"Oh no, I can still do it, it's just a lot harder to control than before, I still have to be careful about overexertion and...I need blood." Aubrey said and he shook his head. "Enough of that morbid stuff, it's time to fill you up with cake Toby." He grinned.

"Oh! Of course maple cake." Sydney said and would have blushed if he was able to, and Nate wiped his fingers on Sydney's hoodie. "Ew." He mock-grimaced.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:34 pm

"W-when you say it like that it sounds you're trying to fatten me up so you can eat me..." Toby laughed nervously, not sure he liked the way Aubrey was smiling at him. "Besides, I'm not getting them today. Gotta get 'em fresh on the day, so I'm just putting in the order and paying for them today." He took a small step back from Aubrey.

He hadn't known Aubrey for long; it was a big school after all. He was pretty sure Aubrey had been a vampire as long as Toby had known him and Toby still wasn't sure if he could trust him. There wasn't much evidence for good vampires. Besides, there were PPA graduates who had become villains instead of heroes.

Another four boxes were taken outside. The girl with the trolley took a quick breather and went back to the register as the uniformed man came back in. He paid with a credit card and thanked the girl for her help, giving her a very tired smile. He left, got in the truck and drove off.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:58 pm

"I don't bite random people, I have yet to even feel the urge, the guy who bit me said it will take at least a hundred years to feel any of the effects of the thirst, longer even than that." Aubrey said and frowned. "I understand if you're a little scared, I apologize for freaking you out, that was not my intention."

Sydney was watching the old man pay for his truck-load of sweets, that dude has the best life, he thought.
"It's actually quite simple, but since you just recently begun to walk upright it may take some time to explain." Jace Beleren to Garruk Wildspeaker.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:30 pm

Well, now he felt guilty for accusing Aubrey of wanting to eat him. Aubrey had been nice to him for all the time he'd known him, so it wasn't fair of him to go and say things like that. He looked at the floor, one foot twisting and turning nervously and his hands clasped behind his back. He looked up at Aubrey with his sandy blonde hair falling in blades in front of his emerald green eyes.

"I'm sorry, Aubrey, I didn't mean it like that..." he said with a pout to both his voice and his lips.

The middle-aged woman behind the counter held her hands over her mouth, her eyes wide, as if she was holding back a giggle. The younger girl behind the counter looked like she wanted to pick Toby up and take him home.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:47 pm

"Don't worry Toby, it's cool." Aubrey smiled. "Ya know my brother Etienne has green eyes like yours."
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:44 pm

"Etienne... have I met him? I don't remember..." Toby pondered this for a moment, shrugged and went to the counter to order his cakes.

The middle-aged woman was still trying not to giggle as he placed the order, looking adorably cheerful and enthusiastic as he did so. After he paid, with a 3-or-more discount on the cakes (which she just made up because the boy was so gosh darn cute!), Toby hoisted up his backpack and turned to the others.

"You guys got any plans? I was gonna drop by a hiking-gear store on the way back - my boots broke 'cause I kinda forgot to phase them through the train with me..." he giggled to cover his embarrassment. His brothers, Brunt and Cipher, had spent about an hour laughing at the fact he'd had to walk back to school in his socks because the train had crushed his steel-caps. Chirp had to tell them to shut up before she knocked them out; more because they were annoying her with the amount of noise they were making than to save Toby any embarrassment.
Towkarn
Freshman

Next

Return to RP Corner