Opposite Day. [Open To All]

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby Safeguard » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:11 am

"Nope." They all said in unison.

"We'd like to join you at the store." Sydney smiled brightly. "Give Nate some time recover from sour-itis." He laughed and Nate blushed. "Lead the way."
"It's actually quite simple, but since you just recently begun to walk upright it may take some time to explain." Jace Beleren to Garruk Wildspeaker.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:43 am

"Awesome, let's go!" He led the way to the AdventureMart store. The group chatted happily along the way, joking about previous encounters with villains that ranged from strange to kooky. They were just getting to the story as Toby finished up his story about how he and Brunt had defeated 'the dreaded Trapdoor Spider'.

"So I phased through the wall and pulled the lever to stop the spiked roof coming down, and he's like hey, stop turning off my traps! So I'm like well stop putting the switches where I can reach them! And he's like stop cheating, you cheater!" He laughed at the memory. "Seriously, he's meant to be a supervillain or something and he's calling me a cheater 'cause I got out of the killer box!"

As they entered the store the same uniformed man from the candy store was walking out the door with rock-climbing gear over one shoulder and extra rope over the other. A store assistant followed him, wheeling out a trolley of boxes labelled "Solar Lantern".

"Hey, guys," Toby said quietly to the others. "Isn't that the same guy from the candy shop?" He scratched the back of his head. The uniform wasn't quite a courier's uniform and the white van was unmarked so likely not a courier's vehicle.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:11 am

"You're right, it is him." Sydney said. "He don't look so tired to me, and why would he be mountain climbing?" He folded his arms.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:36 pm

"Wonder what someone would need all this stuff for. Do you s'pose it's all going to the same person?" Toby asked. It was weird, but not necessarily evil, bad, wicked or nasty; so really, what business did they have in disturbing the poor guy while he was working.

The man put the gear in the back of the van and loaded the boxes in while the shop assistant went back inside with the trolley. The uniformed man had to stop after every box for a short rest; the boxes didn't look heavy, but the man's hands were seriously shaking now.

"What's up with his hands? Is he sick?" Toby ventured. He didn't know much about illness, but he'd heard there were a couple diseases and things that could make a person's hands shake like that.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:28 pm

"Maybe he's not the bad guy of the week, but he must be working for someone." Sydney said. "This nameless guy must be workin' him to the bone."
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:10 pm

"Huh, he does look like a henchman... maybe it's just his work ethic, though! I hear that villains like to hire henchpersons with a high work ethic. This could all be entirely harmle- snrk! Yeah, I can't say that with a straight face..." He giggled. "Well, Doctor Alexander keeps telling me not to just assume that people are bad guys because they're doing suspicious things. Maybe we should ask who the stuff is for?"
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:56 pm

Troy chewed on his lip as he scanned the shelves for new bow strings. AdventureMart usually had the kind he liked but his had snapped and apparently should have taken his eye out, all he'd felt was a vague twinge of indifference. Thank the Gods for Invulnerable skin. Even his heels. Which was probably Venus learning from what happened to Achilles...and giving the Greeks two fingers if he thought about it.

He peered over the shelves. "Huh?" That guy...Density and thos other two guys...uh...Nate and...um...damn he normally was very good at peoples names".
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Safeguard » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:00 pm

"Let's just be careful, all of this just seems wrong." Sydney said. "Excuse me sir, who is all this for?"

Aubrey and Nate flanked the android, the vampiare had his hands on his hips.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:04 pm

"Huh?" The man seemed a little startled that someone was talking to him, but when he saw the three teenagers he relaxed a bit, his shoulders slumping. "They're for my boss, kid." He gave them a tired and annoyed glance, closed the back doors of the van and locked it, then stepped past them to go back inside.

Toby wandered into the store, keeping an eye on where the man was going, but was very quickly distracted by someone else in the vicinity. He bounded up to the other blonde and jumped onto Troy's back, clinging like a spider-monkey.

"Hi Troy!" He gushed, arms around the taller boy's neck. "What'cha doooin'?"

The uniformed man went to the counter, speaking to the sshop assistant who had been helping him load stuff into the truck. He paid with a credit card and said goodbye, tucking one final box under his arm as he headed back to his truck.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:38 pm

"Ass." Aubrey said under his breath. "Well at least we know that what he's doing, ain't in the Saintly department."

"Hello Troy." Sydney said smiling brightly. "Looks like ya got a friend."
Safeguard
Senior

Postby The Hellion » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:52 am

"Oh Hi..uh...I'm buying some new archery strings for my bow, I was at a competition and snapped one - I forget my own strength. I mean its okay anyway the contest was superhuman which kind of sucks because I always wanted to be in the olympics" he sighed and picked up a set of gloves for archers. "What are you guys doing?"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:53 pm

"I'm gettin' some new boots! My last ones got crushed by a train..." he slid off the other blonde's back and stepped to the floor, turning to the others. "These guys were checkin' out some nefarious activity outside! How'd it go, guys? Is he workin' for a supervillain? Is it The Trapdoor Spider?" He looked excited at the prospect of having a recurring villain to fight.

The uniformed man walked out of the store, giving Sydney, Aubrey and Nate another suspicious glare as he did. He went back to the van, unlocked the back doors and opened them, checking the contents to make sure nothing had been stolen. Just because the van was still locked when he got back, didn't mean there wasn't something missing.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:38 pm

"Just some belligerent ass who is obviously doing something wrong." Aubrey said. "If he was going mountain climbing there'd be no reason for such secrecy." He explained. "Whatever happened to the bad guys who were more obvious with their schemes?" He sighed.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:14 pm

"They got put in jail. For being obvious."

A tall blonde man has walked up to stand behind Toby and is now ruffling his hair.

"How're you doing squirt?"

There's something familiar about him, the sunglasses don't help.

"I don't know why you are so keen on the Trapdoor Spider. Last time he shoved you in a Densidium coffin and Chirp and I had to rescue you."

He suddenly looks around concerned.

"Errrrr she's not here is she?"
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Towkarn » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:13 pm

Toby shook the hand off his head and gave the tall blonde a pouting glare like he would one of his siblings. It was obvious there was some sort of affection between them, especially since Toby hadn't freaked out over being called "squirt".

"Hey, every good hero has a nemesis! And no, Chirp's at school, probably lecturing Cipher on the ethical use of superpowers. Like she's got the moral high ground on that one." He stuck his tongue out at the taller blonde. "What're you doing here? You're not just hiding from Chirp, are you?" A mischievous grin formed on his lips. "Because, y'know, I have her on speed dial."
Towkarn
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner