Opposite Day. [Open To All]

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby Safeguard » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:51 pm

"Hey tall one." Sydney giggled. "If you're trying to hide from a girl, just confess you're in love." Sydney said and hugged Aubrey, who blushed.
"It's actually quite simple, but since you just recently begun to walk upright it may take some time to explain." Jace Beleren to Garruk Wildspeaker.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:40 am

The tall man makes a face.

"Really? As a nemesis? Dream bigger squirt, he's C grade at best. Do I need to fetch the self esteem sock puppets again?"

He looks at his hand, sighs and then brushes the hairgel off on his jeans.

"No need to call anyone. Your sister is a lovely young woman with many admirable qualities. Forgiveness is not amongst them."

He looks at Sean and Aubry.

"Chirp and I dated awhile ago. We still team up now and again but just as colleagues ."
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:18 am

Troy picked out the strings for his bow. "I gotta go pay" he said. "Back in a second."

Meeting new people was always awkward for Troy because they were a person who'd never been influenced by his powers...falling under the sway the moment they laid eyes on him. He paid for the strings and gloves and trumped back over to the others.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Safeguard » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:59 pm

Sydney smiled at Troy as he paid for his strings and returned.

"So you are a super too huh? What sorta powers do you have?" Sydney asked the tall man innocently.
"It's actually quite simple, but since you just recently begun to walk upright it may take some time to explain." Jace Beleren to Garruk Wildspeaker.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:57 pm

The short seventeen year old giggled with embarrassment at the mention of a particular set of sock-puppets. "Okay, I guess I'll just have to wait for the right villain to come along so I can have my very own nemesis!" He beamed up at the older teenager.

Toby waved enthusiastically to Troy as the other blonde walked away, a big toothy grin on his face. He turned back to the others and shook his head at Sydney's question to the taller blonde.

"Nuh-uh, he's got no powers, which makes him more of a hero than anyone I know!" He suddenly slapped his hands over his mouth and looked up at the tall blonde with guilt-laden puppy eyes. "Oops... sorry, I didn't give it away, did I?"

Outside the truck started up its engine and drove away.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Dragon Star » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:21 pm

Flo stumbled into the store, red with rage. Her hair was disheveled, and there was dirt all over her clothes.

"The nerve of that guy. In such a rush he can't avoid pedestrians. I swear if I could have gotten a better look at him I would.."She cut herself off with a flurry of curses as she brushed the dirt off of her and looked up to a group she recognized from school and immediately blushed for her foul language.
Dragon Star-ISC: Five-Fold Path
Laser- No Squad
Dragon Star
Sophomore

Postby candyman1989 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:40 pm

The tall blonde gently pats Toby on the head.

"It's okay Mitskuni. I feel we can trust them."

He looks tragically to the side.

"I don't talk about my powers often, I normally pretend I have none. In fact my gift, or my curse, is the ability to induce devastating head explosions."
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Towkarn » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:18 pm

Toby giggled at the manga reference. One of his sisters was obsessed with that stuff, so he picked up quite a bit of random references. Even Cipher was known to occasionally watch a few anime and read some manga; usually the ones like Serial Experiment Lain, though.

As the taller blonde went on, Toby had to bite his lip to hold back his emotions. He bit his lip hard enough, in fact, that his eyes started to tear up as he clung to the older boy's waist. "Oh, it's so unfair! That's the sort of power meant for villains, not heroes like you!" He stammered, his near-crying voice sounding almost like a laugh.

Hearing a lot of cursing, Toby looked over at Flo, unshed tears still obscuring his vision a little. The tiny blonde boy looked at first glance as though someone had been trying to beat him up and he was hiding behind an older brother.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Dragon Star » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:25 pm

"Hey Flo, you dropped this" Toon said literally bouncing into the store. "That truck sure seemed in a rush." He handed her a leather bag, and looked at the group standing in the doorway. "Um, did I miss something? Why does the little guy look like he's ready to cry?"
Dragon Star-ISC: Five-Fold Path
Laser- No Squad
Dragon Star
Sophomore

Postby Safeguard » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:19 pm

"Actually anatomical explosions are kinda normal, I mean have you watched Supernatural?" Syndey said. "It's just a regimented form of molecular combustion, he simply uses it to blow someone's head off, quite interesting...but by the way, what does Mitskuni mean?"
Safeguard
Senior

Postby The Hellion » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:16 am

Troy blinked a few times. "...thats an X-men reference" he murmured at last. He shrugged. "That'd be a power that would change how people act around you alright...."
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:18 am

"Troy's right," Toby sniffed and wiped his eyes on his sleeve. "When people find out they totally think he's a bad guy or an anti-hero, but that's totally powerist! It's not his fault his power is only to make peoples' heads explode..." Looking thoughtful for a moment, Toby started thinking out loud. "Although cats of all kinds do seem to love him. Maybe he smells like catnip? Or maybe they're just trying to get him to make peoples' heads explode for them by being so affectionate to him?"

-----------------------------------

"Yeeess, yeeeess! Excellent! Now that the men are outfitted appropriately we can begin the latest experiment!"

"Uh, Professor, excuse my asking but... why do they need the solar lanterns, exactly?"

"Isn't it obvious?! The effects of this experiment may result in a situation where they have to use components from the lanternss to repair the test modules!"

"And... have the men been trained in how to do this...?"

"Trained? Bah! Who could possibly require training in something so simple?!"

"Uh, yes Professor... Then, what about the star candy, Professor?"

"Are you objecting to my choice of sweets?"

"No! No, of course not, I just... hang on, all those boxes were just for you?"

"Don't be a fool, the modules require fuel, don't they?"

"Yes, sir."

"And what do you think that fuel is made of?"

"Uh... the... candy...?"

"Precisely!"
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:03 pm

"Well I'm sorry for that, I can sorta sympathize with you sir." Sydney said he hugged Toby a bit and showed the tall man his left hand. "This is where I shoot my plasma beams, at full power I could pulverize a wall of concrete into powder or bisect a tank at a distance of 10', I did not ask to be made an android or ask to be given emotions either." He continued patting the boy on the back gently and smirking at him. "I can never fall in love like normal people, I can't have Thanksgiving dinner, or chocolates on Valentines Day, or have the best spaghetti dinner in New York, I'm stuck this way until the day I finally go offline, you are not alone sir." He said with a smile.

[[OOG: I hope that wasn't too OOC ^^;]]
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:50 pm

Toby looked up at Sydney with equal parts confusion, sympathy and curiosity in his eyes. He poked Sydney's stomach, but decided against putting his hand inside the android to feel around for the plasma he was talking about; that might result in loss of hands.

"Wait... if you can't feel love, why are you..." Toby looked innocently from Sydney to who he assumed was the android's boyfriend. He'd never explicitly asked about their relationship, but they certainly acted like a couple. He looked back up at Sydney, eyes narrowed suspiciously. "Isn't it kind of mean to lead someone on like that? You're not secretly a bad guy, are you?"
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:13 pm

Sydney giggled slightly at the poke and he grinned though somewhat bashfully.

"I am no bad guy and Aubrey is already spoken for." Sydney said and Aubrey grinned smoothly, showing off those constantly shifting golden eyes.

"His name is Ethan Navros, he's a hottie." He said winking at Toby. "We co-lead a team called the Delinquents."

"By the way the plasma is generated by a miro reactor in my chest, like the rest of my body its design is imprinted on every nano-machine in my body, as long as some part of my body is intact I can regenerate completely in a few hours." Sydney said. "Heh, also I can't blush." He smirked.
Safeguard
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner