Dancing with you in the Summer Rage

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Dancing with you in the Summer Rage

Postby Towkarn » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:56 pm

It all started with a tiny mote. A tiny mote of anger which bubbled and grew. The young empath who held this growing mote put into the person who made her angry. She gave away her mote of anger and let it eat away inside the person who scorned her...

The sand shifted beneath their feet as the teenagers played their games. The waves were small enough that people could still swim happily. The sun beat down with fervour on anyone not under the protective shield of an umbrella or parasol and the games continued on. The beach ball span through the air, flashing its colours joyfully as some chased it and others ran from it. A challenge from one party to another saw a game of volleyball start quickly - with no powers, of course, didn't want to freak out the locals!

"Uh, hi, um, Giovanni..." a nervous girl said, hands clasped behind her back, not daring to meet the eyes of the young Demi-God.

"Yeah, yeah, I saw that one! It was, like, BAM! One shot, one kill!" The Italian continued his prior conversation, not even noticing the shy girl.

"Um, Giovanni...? I, uh..." she tried again.

"But y'know, I totally could've done that twice as fast. It's not hard, I am a Demi-God, after all," he tossed his loose hair over his shoulder like he was doing a glamour-shot. The girls who were actually a part of his conversation giggled at the egotistical motion; the shy girl sighed contentedly at witnessing the Italian's beauty.

"Uh, hey, Giovanni?" In vain, she tried to get his atttention again, even daring to reach out to touch his shoulder; but the Demi-God began to walk away, still laughing at his own jokes, and the shy girl got no attention.

"Why... why does he always ignore me...?" She pursed her lips as she frowned, crossing her arms over her stomach in a self-hug as she turned and walked in the other direction. That was when it happened.

Making cat-calls and wolf-whistles at the volleyball players, Giovanni noticed nothing of the empathic curse that had just been placed upon him.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:17 am

Swift lies back on the towel and idly squidges the sand between his toes. He's in a pair of board-shorts, his domino mask and a pair of sunglasses. The glasses look a little odd over the mask but most people look at the scars not his face.

A white line on his left pectoral from a knife, a pucker near his naval which is the legacy of a bullet and a line of stitches on his arm which are still healing and are nearly ready to be taken out.

He's been lucky over the years but he's taken a hit here and there.

There's a patter on his forehead and he jumps as the cold water drips on him. 

Krilla as Cassandra looks down at him, toweling her 'hair'. He glares at her for a moment over the top of his glasses then settles back to sun baking.

"Done already?"

"It's the salt water, starts to sting after awhile."

She reaches to one of the large water bottles in their bags and cracks the lid pouring the contents over her head.

"Diran has oceans but not as large and no salt water at all."
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:30 am

Dani burst from the water, black hair splashing backwards as she arches up taking a deep breath that feels absolutely fantastic. The unadultered sun is a little uncomfortable to her and she has to wear swimming goggles or her eyes will sting like the Dickens.

She's dressed in an Ursual Andress style bikini with a pair of pouches on the belt, neither contain a knife, one is for her goggles or sun glasses and the other is for her water proof camera. She strides out of the water and scans the beach. She was hoping to grab a volley ball game with the Vixxens but she's pretty sure Nisrin and Molly are studying for Nisrin's calculus re-test.

She switches to the wrap around shades and tucks her goggles away. "Hello Swift, Krilla." She settles down nearby under a large sun umbrella. "Oh that's better" she sighs as the shadows swirl in around her slightly, like kittens running to their mother.

Cam lies on his front in a pair of rather small red shorts over black sports speedos. He's wearing two black bands on his wrists and his neck belt. Nearby a vest, white shirt and red board shorts are folded. "Troy, come out of the changing booths, there's a queue" he called. The faded lash marks on his back and forearms were faded and most people wouldn't care either way.

There was a crackle of something in the air but then it was gone, he cast a glance around and then returned his gaze to the changing booth several feet away.

Troy peeked out of the door and skittered out in a linen shirt and long linen trousers. Cam frowned. "I thought you promised to wear the swim shorts"

"I-I am...under my clothes" Troy muttered as he sat down on the towel he'd brought and put a straw hat on. His big black sunglasses had a band connecting the arms so they wouldn't fall off, but still he nervously adjusted them.

Cam gave a long groan and pushed his red shades up his nose. "I give up" he scoffed. "Dani, want to give me some more lotion on my back?"

"Want? No. Will? Definitely not." Dani sighed in response. "Ask Swift, I'm sure you'll both get an audience" she chuckled. It's not like a lot of people didn't notice swift...scars aside he was nicely proportioned and she knew Cam had a serious "weakness" for guys with scars, tattoos and/or piercings.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:49 pm

"I think my ability to move is being over estimated right now."

Swift is completely limp except for the gentle squidging motion of his toes. Squidge squidge squidge.

Krilla settles down next to him and tips a little bit of water onto a hand towel and running it up and down one leg.

In her cheerleader Cassandra illusion this gets a few looks, which she doesnt notice.

"It's such a lovely day and the forecast is for a warm night. Are you guys going to that battle of the beach bands tonight?"
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Towkarn » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:09 am

A tiny blonde boy came running, giggling and laughing, down the beach toward the rest of the teenagers carrying a bucket on his head. Water splashed out of the bucket constantly as he ran, but he didn't seem to notice or care. He was heading for a large and elaborate sandcastle - done in the 15th century French style with a slight gothic horror twist - and being chased by a larger boy who looked like a cross between brick wall and a quarterback.

"Get back 'ere, Runt!" The larger boy shouted.

"Like that's gonna happen!" Toby laughed back at his brother.

It was almost Benny Hill moment as the brothers went racing down the beach, but Toby hadn't expected his brother to keep up the chase for so long and they were getting a bit too close to the castle; if he didn't change direction his brother would probably trample right through it. He veered off toward the volleyball game, hoping that Brunt would have to stop chasing him instead of bowling people over. The smaller boy lightened himself, picking up speed a little as his muscles propelled him forward with the same amount of force as when he was normal density. He went straight through the large Italian Demi-God, who seemed a bit shocked and annoyed. Not anywhere near as shocked or annoyed as when Brunt came charging into him, though.

The two students ended up creating what was almost a crater in the sand as they went down. Toby figured neither would be injured from something like that - he'd seen his brother get hit by a truck in a head-on collision and come out with a minor concussion, and Giovanni was pretty tough, too. The short kid just ran for it, still giggling. The two large boys picked themselves up out of the sand-crater and brushed themselves off. Each looked completely unharmed, but people were still backing off as though something were about to explode...

"Forgot the runt can do that," Brunt said as an attempt at an apology. Giovanni's lips tightened as he tried for a moment to constrain himself. The Italian ran a hand through his hair, feeling just how much sand had now attached itself to his beautiful tresses. His eyes narrowed, lips tightening further as he clenched his jaw to hold back the rising rage. Brunt tilted his to one side, trying to figure out why Giovanni wasn't saying anything.

"Giovanni, don't-!" someone more emotionally perceptive shouted, just as the Demi-God backhanded Brunt and knocked him a few feet through the air.

"Forgot he can do that?!" Giovanni shouted at the Canadian. "Why can't you keep that brat brother of yours in check, you brick?!"

Toby looked over at the beginning of the fight, just as he was pouring the water into the moat. Sculptor stood up, now visible from behind the walls of the sandcastle, to look at what was going on.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:35 am

Troy looked up from his book and his eyes widened behind his shades.

Cam turned at the hip to take a look at the scene.

Dani frowned. "That's a bit harsh" she murmured.

"Giovanni!" Troy exclaimed, standing up. "He said he was sorry!"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:42 am

Swift pushes himself up onto his elbows and watches to see if thing escalate. A fist fight between Brute and the demi-god isn't something he wants to jump into, he will if he has to of course.

"Ugh where's Chirp when you need her?"

Krilla freezes cloth held against her thigh.

"Do we need to separate them?"

Up above the beach on the balcony of a fairly nice restaurant Travis and another young man are laughing.

"No seriously. I swear by the Lady's bouncy boobs. She punched it. Right in the mouth."

Seated across the table the young man is slightly older then Travis, with a shaved head and dark skin. Laughing his face is animated.

"You two get up to the weirdest stuff."

Travis shrugs.

"Comes with the territory I guess."

Diamonds glitter in the Man's ears, a row of studs running the length of both. He idly waves his hand over the water jug and the fluid freezes into a vase of flowers.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Towkarn » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:27 pm

Brunt picked himself up out of a new mini-crater in the sand, growling through clenched teeth. Toby looked on in shock as his brother stomped back toward the Demi-God, obviously about to do something stupid. Sculptor poked the tiny blonde to get his attention, then gestured at the two brutes about to fight.

"Shouldn't that be stopped? Could cause a big fuss." Mitch said, sounding quite detached from the situation, as if it weren't going to affect him either way. The young Canadian shook his head to snap himself out of the shock, looked again at the brutal fight that was about to take place and started running.

"You stupid $#!%, I jus' said it wasn' my fault!" Brunt shouted at the Italian, slurring through the anger. The Demi-God looked entirely unimpressed, arms crossed on his chest. Brunt might be strong and much sturdier than Giovanni, but the Demi-God was a hell of a lot faster. The Canadian was just raising his fist when Giovanni's knee collided with his intestines. Giovanni stepped back in time to avoid the splutter of saliva that came from Brunt as he fell to his knees clutching his stomach.

"You do not raise your fist at me. You are so far beneath me, you're not even worth the sand under my feet," the Demi-God scoffed. The volleyball players were all staring in shock at what was happening. For a moment the only thing that could be heard was someone running across the sand.

"Y'know, Season, you really oughta change your name to Sissy, if that's all you got," Brunt coughed, completely unwilling to back down. The seed of rage placed in Giovanni's emotions suddenly flowered at the insult. With a roar of anger, the Demi-God threw himself at Brunt, just as Density threw himself between them.

The two Canadians were knocked back with the force of Giovanni's punch and both went sprawling in the sand. Brunt looked up, wondering why it hadn't hurt at all that time. He saw his brother lying in the sand behind, clutching his chest in pain, tears already in his eyes. With a whimper of pain the small blonde looked at his larger brother.

"You 'right, Brunt?" His voice was strained with the pain. His powers had saved him from being broken into pieces, but he'd still suffered the full force of Giovanni's attack.

"You idiot..." Brunt said under his breath in disbelief as he quickly came to his knees beside his brother. In anger he turned back to the Demi-God. "You bloody idiot! You hurt my little brother! I'm gonna rip you to pieces!"

Toby reached out and grabbed Brunt's wrist. "Don't... you'll get hurt..." the short Canadian whimpered, still worrying for his brother through his own pain.

"Ahahahahahaha, you think you can hurt me? C'mon, you stupid bull, see if you can hit me!" Giovanni challenged the angry brother.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:39 pm

Troy got to his feet. "Dani? Cam?"

"Let's see what happens" Cam mused.

Dani and Troy gave him a look

"Or...oh let's, like, rush to the rescue" Cam sighed.

"This is serious!" Troy exclaimed. Cam looked at the two men and his left eye flickered with red light.

"I...think you're right"

Troy darted down the beach, a sandal being left in his wake as he hurried along. "Hey! Guys knock it off!" he shouted as he interposed himself. "W-we should calm down and look after the people who need it" he exclaimed hurriedly, casting a glance to the injured Density to try and gauge how bad it all was.

"Giovanni, come on, you're not really a jerk...not deep down, just...calm down, remember, to forgive is divine..." Troy said. "And you should be looking after your brother not making the fighting he was trying to stop worse" he added to Brick
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:27 pm

Krilla scrunches the towel and lobs it away.

You know what? I'm really sick of this. I think a lesson in humility is exactly what's called for right now.

She's normally a calm, mediating force. Right now though she's just not in the mood.

A voice call out from behind Giovanni.

"Yeah that's just typical isn't it? Too much of a chicken-s#$% soft-c$%^ to pick a fight in your own weightclass."

It's Deadlift's voice, back by an illusion of him if Giovanni turns around to look.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:02 pm

SPLOSH!

"Ha-ha-ha-ha!" Jenn laughed happily as she broke the surface of the water, throwing her head back so her hair flung water in an arch through the air before slapping soggily against her back. It had been ages since she'd been to the beach, even longer since she'd been with friends. It was good to unwind like this. She relaxed her body and allowed the swaying waves to keep her aloft, enjoying the warm sun on her emerald skin.

A series of splashes to her left drew her attention to Aaron as he swam up beside her, enjoying the nice weather himself and getting some laps in between the shore and the sandbar. However, for some reason, the kung-fu practicioner stopped next to her, the rhythm of his workout interrupted by something. "Hey, Aaron, what's up?"

"I thought I heard arguing up on shore." The Wise Monkey pointed to a small group of people in the midst of a heated debate. One was on the ground in obvious pain. "I think someone's hurt-" He paused for a moment, squinting to see who all was involved, before letting out an agrivated sigh. "-And guess whose primping backside is right in the middle of it."

"Jersey Shore?" Jenn suggested, using Aaron's nickname for Giovanni, an exasperated tone in her voice.

"Jersey Shore," was the reply.

"Well, we better get up there," reasoned La Rana soundly, flipping off her back to kick off with her webbed feet. "Before anyone else gets hurt... Or we miss him getting his comeuppence."

----------

On shore, Riley laid back in a lounge chair, umbrella shading him as he flipped through the pages of a good book. His iPod's earbuds were nestled securely in his ears, the volume set low enough that he could hear what went on around him, but high enough that he could still hear his music.

However, that wasn't enough to keep the sounds of the nearby fracas from reaching his ears, interrupting his reading and drawing his attentions. Tipping his sunglasses low on the bridge of his nose, he wasn't too surprised to see Giovanni smack dab in the middle of it all. What worried him, however, was the fact that someone was hurt in the middle of it all.

"(Sigh) Well," the teleporter said dejectedly as he shut his book and propped himself into a seated position, grabbing his shillelagh and using it to push himself to his feet. "Looks like that chapter's gonna have ta wait..."
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Towkarn » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:32 am

(OOC: Heehee, Jersey Shore...)

Giovanni was about to shout something at the stubborn Brunt, but people started interrupting. He rounded on Troy, pointing accusingly as the rage grew.

"You don't get to tell me what to do, pretty-boy, you're not my equal and you never will be!" He turned back to Brunt. "And you-"

Season was interrupted by the illusionary Deadlift, causing him to clench his teeth and round on the super-strong hacker. The rage was growing faster and faster with each new challenge to Giovanni's self-perceived authority.

"You wanna rematch, bastardo?! Fine, I'll wipe the floor with both of you, and when I'm done you're gonna be my &^@#ing footstool!" With his full speed he charged the illusion of the hacker, the volleyball players and other teenagers in the immediate vicinity deciding it was a good idea to get the hell out of dodge.

Brunt was about to move to chase after the raging Demi-God, but Toby's hand held fast to his wrist. The larger brother looked down at the one he called the runt and immediately his priorities changed. He scooped up his little brother and looked about for someone who could help.
"Help! Someone help! Toby's hurt!" The large boy shouted, panic notable in his voice.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:00 am

Cam and Dani exchanged a glance as Troy seemed to stumble from the words, a sickly palour coming tho his skin. "Oh he didn't"

"Fine Giovanni" Cameron shouted. "You want to kick Tiny Tim then let me be your personal ghost of Christmas future" he strode down the dunes at a leisurely pace. "Poor little so-called demi God, nothing Godly about you, you're just a sad little boy with daddy issues who thinks he has a divine right of some sort, well you do if it involves everyone thinking you the biggest tool in the school, yes even bigger than the H4XX0RZ or Argonauts. You're going to end up lonely and reviled with no one to blame but yourself ... and to be honest your little infantile tantrum...has just gone that step too far" he glanced at Troy. "Oh Giovanni....Tick. Tick. Boom"

He raised his hand at the raging demi-God and snapped his fingers. The Ambient rage flared like a red mist and ignited as it directed in on the bubbling locus of fury that was Giovanni. The mist crimson flared and the shockwave pulsed out, Cameron shielded himself from the sand and force, surprised by just how much anger that was.

Giovanni on the other hand was hurled upwards and backwards... considerably so
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:22 am

'Well, guess a nice day at the beach really is outta the question then,' Riley thought as he watched Giovanni go flying through the air like a ragdoll. He was thankful for the sunglasses when the sand from the shockwave reached him, but by this time the effects were pretty mild.

Upon reaching the group, he walked up to Cam and patted him good-naturedly on the shoulder, shielding his eyes with the other hand as he pretended to track Giovanni's flight. "Nice work, Cam. Didn't quite make escape velocity, but good effort though."

Having said his piece, he turned to Brunt, concern taking hold over his expression at the state Toby was in. "Anyone know where the nearest Lifeguard station is? I can get 'em there in no time if ya can point the way, an' they probably 'ave better emergency stuff than we could scrounge togther out here."

----------

"Jeez!" Jenn's jaw dropped in sheer disbelief as she palmed her forehead at the sight of Giovanni ragdoll-ing through the air, pausing her ascent onto the shore just to watch. It was like a carwreck, you wanted to look away, you knew you should, but you just couldn't! However, unlike a carwreck, this was justifiable entertaining and in a good way. Still, it was a little much.

"Man, when you said he'd get his comeuppance, who would've thought they'd go so literal on the "up" part," Aaron replied snarkily, dragon-print black-white-and-blue swimtrunks clinging damply to his toned legs as he climbed out of the drink.

Snapping herself out of her little daze, Jenn managed to finish her climb onto land and reach her "plot" on the beach, marked by a poison-dart frog beach-towel and a small duffle of supplies. Grabbing her frog pattern sarong and tying it about her waist,- completing the ensemble that began with her black bikini- Jenn felt a bit of relief as she caught the sight of a familiar head of blonde spikey hair and a pair of dark green swimtrunks amid the crowd attending to the injured boy.

"Good, at least Riley's up there." If anyone could get that kid to proper medical care, it'd be Borrower.

"Yea, but let's hope we can get there and help before things get any more out of hand," Aaron added as he started for the group at a quickened pace, snapping a fanny-pack around his waist as he ran. It wasn't the smartest of fashion-statements, but that was the least of his worries. What mattered to him was the fact that there was a bottle of Dit Da Jow ointment in the pouch, something he hoped would help ease the injured party's pain should this little spat prolong.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:34 pm

Cam kept an eye on the fuming Brick, ready to pull and sling more rage if he had to. "It packed a punch...I just wonder if it was enough to lay him out and calm him down"

Dani held a parasol over one shoulder now. "Probably...he was very angry"

"I wonder why, it seemed extreme, despite what Troy says he's a jerk but much like Troy believes...he's not a totally irrational one"
The Hellion
Senior

Next

Return to RP Corner