Dancing with you in the Summer Rage

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby The Hellion » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:52 am

Dani slapped Cam around the face. "Wake up!"

Cam snarled something back at her and then grunted. "Sorry...ugh...I feel very angry at the moment"

"Well snap out of it, what's going on? Troy is making me want to run away, he's gone all alpha male aggression stance"

Cam's eyes glowed. "No he hasn't...that's what the Summer Aura does to him I think...Gods can resist one another's powers, thats how Giovanni shut down Troy's Aura...Troy doesn't know how to resist though...so he can't help but be terrifying".

Dani grimaced. "That won't help his confidence"

"Well we both know empathic interference with Troy is a very, very bad idea so I can't help there"

With all the fear and horror being directed at him Troy began to tremble at the knees and his skin was overcome with a dull palour...he collapsed to the ground with a whimper. He'd gone and undermined himself again...
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:53 am

"No, not Season," Mitch hissed and pointed at Troy. "Him! He's a monster! Just look at him!" His voice was raised now, panic meaning he was losing control of things such as volume control.

Giovanni groaned,  once again pulling himself up slowly. The Rage was currently battling the terror produced by Troy's modified aura. He had no idea what was making him shiver, not that he could feel most of it thanks to Aaron, but it soon became clear as he looked up and saw the source. "Waugh!" He cried out as he reacted with a mix of fear and disgust, falling back into the sand on his ass.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:57 am

Giovanni's voice was a welcome sound to Aaron's ears at this point, giving him something to focus on instead of Troy, whose aura was still a terrifying thing to behold. Swallowing hard to get some moisture back in his throat, he turned away from the Roman demi-god to focus on the Italian one.

"Giovanni!" Aaron snapped impatiently, losing tolerence for the demi-god's antics while still battling the overwhelming fear from Troy's aura. "Back it down already! Summer's messing with Troy's allure, the sooner you cut it off, the sooner he goes back to normal! Either shut it off, or switch to another season!"

-------------------

Jenn followed Mitch's direction until her eyes locked onto Troy, and then she locked up. He was right. For some reason, just the sight of Troy was enough to make her skin crawl and her knees weak as she trembled with an overwhelming sense of foreboding. There were very few times in her life when she'd felt that kind of fear, and this was definitely one of them.

However, she still had enough of her mind about her to see Troy collapse to the sand and curl up into a ball. Over the crash of the waves and cackles of seagulls overhead, she could swore she heard Troy start to cry. Even though fear had a firm grip on her very being, she couldn't help but feel bad for him. She'd heard Aaron say something about him having low self-confidence, and this was not going to help that at all.

She wanted to run over and reassure him that everything was alright, that it wasn't him everyone was so repulsed by. But, the overpowering sense of terror and disgust his aura was giving off at the moment was so strong, she could do nothing but sit there, frozen stock still in the sand, hugging Mitch close out of sheer terror.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:03 am

Dani rose slowly. "Stay down..." she said.

She rose and moved towards Giovanni. Touching the Dark was difficult...and easy at the same time. easy because it was part of her...difficult because it made her cold and distant and...eerie...

"Hey Giovanni"

The hammer of darkness smashed into Giovanni and hurled him down the beach. "Hammer Time"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:39 pm

Before he could even bring himself to his feet, Giovanni was knocked down again. This time far enough away from Troy that his Summer Aura was no longer affecting the other godling. The change seemed immediate as Troy's beauty flourished under the light of the sun once again.

Mitch loosened his grip on Jenn, sitting up a little straighter as he questioned, "How? What? He was never really like that, was he?"

Giovanni struggled under the darkness that tried to crush him into the sand. He may have had a lot of strength to throw around, but grabbing hold of ephemeral darkness was easier said than done. Growling in frustration he changed his Aura from Summer to Winter, hoping to get rid of the darkness holding him down. It didn't work, Dani was too far away to be covered by his Aura. Well, if he couldn't just make it disappear, he'd have to fight it off. He got his hands in front of his chest and started pushing the darkness off.

"Troy! Troy, are you okay?" Mitch called out, sprinting for the blonde boy after having removed himself from La Rana's grip. He threw himself to his knees in the sand by Troy and grabbed the other teen's shoulders. "Please be okay, Troy, please be okay," he breathed, panting the words out from the worry for Troy and the rising panic at the general situation. His natural detachment only went so far once he'd been forced into getting involved. Besides, this was Troy; anyone would be worried about Troy.

Giovanni's hands slipped and the darkness encased him again. He continued to fight against it, but with precise deliberation instead of the mindless rage he'd exhibited earlier; it was still there, but Winter had a different approach to Summer. It was looking obvious that he was just too sire and tired to get out on his own, and the other teens on the beach were starting to gather around, murmurs passing through the forming crowd. Some said that this was typical of the Italian, but others said this was completely out of character for him.

The only teenager noticeably not crowding around to get a look at what was going on was a girl who looked to be about fifteen. She wore a one piece swimsuit and a t-shirt over it in a way that suggested she definitely wasn't used to people being able to see much of her body, nor was she comfortable with it. The way she sat, on a small mound of sand with arms crossed and shoulders slumped as she glared at the ocean like she were accusing it of vile treachery, suggested she was attempting to pointedly ignore Giovanni and the crowd of onlookers.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:47 pm

Jenn's mind began to clear as she felt Mitch remove himself from her grasp, her head feeling fuzzy for a moment before everything snapped back into focus. Placing a hand at her temple, she tried to steady herself, still woozy from the effects of the fear Summer had induced. Thankfully, she was a nortoriously fast healer. The second she had her proper mind back, her eyes widened with concern instead of fear. 'Troy!'

Sprinting towards the young godling, Jenn dug her webbed feet into the sand as she came to a stop in front of him, sinking to her knees and trying to help Mitch snap Troy out of his funk, the poor boy's whimpering only deepening her worry. His self-esteem was already low enough as it was, that bout with Giovanni's Summer-induced fear did nothing to help.

"Troy," Jenn said soothingly, trying to coax the boy out of his panic-attack. "Troy, sweetie, it's okay now." She knelt beside him and stroked his cheek, hoping she was making an impact in calming him down. "It wasn't you that was freaking everyone out, it was what Summer did to your aura. You're not scary, Troy. You're the same amazing demigod we all know and love." Desparate to snap him out of it, she gave him a firm, well-meaning hug, remembering that her own mother used to do that to calm her down as a child. "Its okay, its okay."

----------------------------------

Aaron shook his head to clear the cobwebs of the fear from his brain, pleasantly surprised by the massive hammer of darkness that currently held Giovanni down. He was still fighting it, and still mad as Hell from the looks of things, but at least the fear-aura was gone. Plus, given how far out he was from the group, his aura wouldn't be messing with anyone else's powers.

"Whew," he breathed loudly, wiping a bead of sweat from his brow. "Thank God that ordeal's over." Turning to Dani, he gave her a courteous nod. "Thanks for the assist, Dani. If it wasn't for you, we'd still be freaked out by Troy's aura."

Realizing Troy was still in the midst of a panic attack, Aaron quickly turned his focus to the other godling, only to relax a bit upon seeing Mitch and Jenn already trying to calm him down. 'Good, at least he has people who care about him there to help.' Seeing Jenn hug Troy set off a slight pang of jealousy in the back of his mind, but he managed to curb that emotion and focus on the task at hand, knowing it was just Jenn's attempts to calm him.

Just then, he noticed a girl in a t-shirt sitting a ways away from the crowd that had gathered near the scene of the scuffle. Unlike the other rubberneckers who'd come for the action, she had her back to them, intent on staring at the ocean. Her whole body-language stank of silent frustration and anger. And something else. He didn't know what, but he could feel soemthing else coming from this girl.

"Hey, Dani," he asked the young shadow-master, gesturing at the girl on the dune. "Does that girl over there ring any bells?"
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:23 am

Dani squinted in the light and adjusted her sunglasses. "Oh Heather...Mote I think she's called, some people call her emo-mote or emo-te. She tends to play the victim, I've seen her around the shopping district a few times and I think we had a First Aid course together" she shook her head. "She's in the Empathy Class, Cameron's still in Basics"

"...I have my own style" Cam exclaimed from the ground.

"shut up and get up" Dani snorted.

Troy stood up slowly, the tan returning to his skin. "I'm okay, I'm okay..." he murmured, swaying before he steadied himself. "I need protection from his aura in future"

"Always use protection" Cam chimed

Troy flushed with a dark blush. "Ughahmmnot...uh..." he managed.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:06 am

"'Play the victim'?" Aaron raised an eyebrow skeptically. "What do you mean by that?"

Jenn breathed a sign of relief as she released Troy from the hug and let him pick himself up and collect his thoughts. She worried a bit when he started to sway, his equilibrium probably still off from his little episode, but seeing him steady himself put her mind at ease. Seeing him back to his old self after Cam's little joke, she flashed Troy a whimsical, friendly smile before getting to her feet.

Having been in earshot for most of Aaron and Dani's conversation, Jenn took a moment to have a glance in the direction Aaron had pointed. She really didn't know Heather all that well, but hearing Dani talk about her made her remember how she too had to deal with stuff like that before her transformation. People looking down on you, calling you names, picking on you because you don't fit their interpretation of normal. She'd managed to gain a boat load of confidence after she'd gained her powers, but it probably wasn't the case for some people.

Still, there was something about this girl that was puzzling. Jenn couldn't quite put her finger on it, but Heather gave off a weird vibe. It was hard to describe, but it was there.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:12 am

"You know...she never accepts the possibility her own hostility could be why she doesn't get on with people, it's always someone elses fault, she never tries" Dani shrugged.

Cam sniffled and stood up gingerly. "She's not too different to my approach I believe, a lot of internal emotion rather than radial or ambient but for me it is more a case of what I can relate to and facsimilate, for her it's what she...feels" a thought was beginning to form.

"Well lets keep Troy away from her" Dani said then clamped her mouth shut. "Uh I mean if she's insecure she could make him feel seriously unwell, render him an invulnerable lump"

"Yeah good idea" Cam said. "But I think we may want to chat"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:35 pm

The girl paid no attention to the crowd or the people talking about her. She had, in fact, sat herself far enough away that neither would come close to bothering her. Alone but still annoyed.

Giovanni was starting to look more like he was bench-pressing the darkness than actually trying to get it off him; his arms were still numb from being hit in the pressure points, so this was ridiculously difficult right now.

Mitch took his hands off Troy as the other boy stood, standing with him and making sure he was ready to catch and support him should Troy fall. He sighed with Jenn simultaneously. He was about to smile at Troy and make a comment when, instead, his expression went entirely blank. Suddenly realising the emotional situation he was in Mitch took a step back, even though he wanted to move closer to Troy. He backed up, turned and walked a few steps away, ruffling a hand through his hair to try and get some of the sand out. He patted down his white-with-paint-splatter-patterned board shorts and began surveying the damage to his sandcastle. Sadly, the damage consisted of everything but half a wall...

At the lifeguard station the lifeguard had just finished administering first aid to Toby. The man looked at Riley with a confused expression and said, "So how did this happen, exactly?"

Another lifeguard was calling an ambulance as the first one spoke to Riley.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Dani narrowed her eyes at Giovanni. "If he moves again I hit him" she said coolly.

Cam eyed the life guard. "Roid rage from a fellow, don't worry we have this one" he added a slight umph of "Trust Me" onto his words, keeping his eyes on the lifeguard for a few moments letting the power seep in. Not mind control...just a push...
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:56 am

"Looked ta me like there was a misunderstandin' between two of my classmates at Posideon, an' I think Toby was tryin' ta break it up." Riley replied as he gave the lifeguard some room to work, still keeping an eye on Toby. He knew the boy was in good hands now, but he still couldn't help but feel worried for him.

'Not ta mention Jenn an' Aaron are still back there,' he mused quietly, further worry seeping into his mind.

-----------------------

Jenn walked over the where Mitch was surveying the damage to his sand castle, placing a sympathetic hand on his shoulder. She'd only caught a glimpse of it earlier, but that glimpse was enough to tell her it was a real work of art, one of his best pieces she'd seen.

"Sorry about your castle, Mitch." She brought a hand up to the back of her neck, a sort of habit she'd formed from watching too much anime. "Do you think you can rebuild it?"

----------------------

Aaron listened to Dani explain the situation with Heather, his attention shifting back and forth between the distant girl and the struggling demi-god. The lifeguard's arrival on the scene was unsettling, since he didn't want any civilians caught in the crossfire should Giovanni break free, but it looked like Cam was working his empathic magic to keep him out of it.

However, Cam had brought up an excellent point in how her powers were similar to his own. And if that was the case...

"Hey, Cam." Aaron strode over to the empath's side, still watching the two subjects of interests with a guarded look. "What was it you were saying about Heather's power being a lot of what she feels, like yours? Do you think we might be looking at the wrong person for all this? Not to say that Giovanni wasn't a total jerk, but what if he's not completely in control right now?"
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Towkarn » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:08 am

The newly-arrived Lifeguard nodded at Cam's suggestion, looking a bit dazed and said, "Well, as long as you kids don't go breaking things or killing each other, I suppose..."

And with that the man walked away, heading back to the lifeguard station over the ridge. In the lifeguard station, Toby was starting to breathe a little more normally.

"Poseidon? Isn't that that school for we- er... special kids?" The lifeguard asked Riley, suddenly realising he hadn't just imagined the fact that these two boys had just appeared out of thin air.

Back at the beach Mitch looked up at Jenn, or rather he turned his head in her direction and looked through her. The distance of his focus made his dark gold eyes seem eerie. "Not before the tide comes in," he said with a sigh. He put his hand on the wall and gave it a gentle push, watching as the last piece of his structure collapsed under minimal pressure. "Maybe next time," he gave a light shrug, as if nothing mattered at all enough to even be dramatic about it. Without another word to Jenn he turned and walked away, heading to his belongings stacked neatly further up the beach.

Giovanni's tired, numb, aching body continued the struggle. His emotions were still infected with the Rage, but at least he was too exhausted to do anything with it now. His winter aura dropped, his energies pooling back in around his body to be unfurled again later. It obviously wasn't helping, anyway. A few of the teenagers standing around watching gave little gestures or jumps of surprise as their powers became active again.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:58 pm

Troy looked at Giovanni. "He can't hurt me...I'll so see if I can keep him calm" he said, slowly truding towards Giovanni, hands in his pockets and sunglasses firmly over his eyes.

------------------------------------------

Cam shrugged. "I don't know, I have an exceptional amount of psychic power at my disposal [thank you, mother] but I'm horifically bad at application of it, she's got more skill...realistically she could do this to Giovanni...whether she intended to or not, I couldn't say" he shuddered at the rage he'd tasted from Giovanni. "I could match her resonance to him though...not that I'd want to. If she did do this then I'll have to get her to undo it rather than risk damaging a student and getting detention"

Dani raised an eyebrow. "You're a real prince..." she muttered skeptically
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Thu May 31, 2012 8:51 pm

"Ya could say that," Riley replied absentmindedly, more focused on making sure Toby was stable than offering a retort at the lifeguard's remark. He'd heard it, but that wasn't what was important right now. What mattered was making sure Toby was okay, and that his condition didn't worsen.

-------------------------

Satisfied that Mitch was alright,-well, as far as she could tell at least- Jenn moved to join Aaron and the others, hoping to offer some ideas as to figuring out a way to end this bizarre turn of events. If Heather was at the center of all this, then she had to have a reason for it.

She didn't really like the somewhat apathetic way Cam was talking about her as he strategized a way to put an end to this though. However, Jenn did note that he had a point in that coaxing Heather to undo what she might have done to Giovanni would be better than starting something with the empathic girl out of a misunderstanding.

"Well, if that's the case, then, why don't we just go over and talk to her," Jenn added as she "formally" joined the group, hoping she could help in some way. "I mean, maybe just one or two of us though, no reason to spook her and get her more worked up, if she is the cause of all this. If we can get her to calm down, maybe empathize with her and find out why she may have done this, maybe we can get her to release this without things getting more out of hand."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(OOC: Sorry I haven't been on in a while gang, life's been way to distracting lately. :oops:
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner