Dancing with you in the Summer Rage

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby Towkarn » Thu May 31, 2012 10:56 pm

"The ambulance will be here in a few minutes. I've done what I can, so he should be okay until they get here... So this fight your friend tried to break up, is it still going? Are we gonna have to contact the faculty at your school, or is there a teacher already sorting this out?" The lifeguard looked nervous, shifting and fidgeting unnecessarily as he spoke to Riley. The poor guy was trying to be diplomatic, he just didn't know how to deal with people who had powers; especially not kids with powers.

Giovanni looked up at Troy with a glare as he approached. He was ready to throw up his Winter aura to prevent Troy from influencing him. He grit his teeth and gave another push at the darkness holding him down. He was starting to get the feeling back in his limbs, but that was just letting him notice more aches and pains. "What the hell do you want?" He growled at Troy.

Other students were starting to lose interest or decide Giovanni was now safely contained, so they began moving away to continue their gossiping and games.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:44 am

Troy looked at him for a while and then wrapped his arms around him in a quasi hug to lift him to his feet. "It's okay" he said soothingly. "I know you're not a bad guy" Troy was a touch feely sort of guy, his hugs were nice, not too firm but not too weak, his toned body wasn't to harshly structured and for some reason people just seemed to fit in his arms regardless of size. "You don't have to let your anger control you...not your anger or anyone elses"

Cam ran his hand through his hair. "Right time to have a word with Miss Contagious PMS"

"Oh joy we're sending in the diplomacy corp" Dani muttered.

Cam shrugged and headed towards a certain empath with pent up fury.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:48 am

Concern for Toby wavered for a second, turning to concern for the others he'd left behind to deal with the rage-fueled Giovanni.

"Lemme see." Riley hastily activated his mystic sight, casting his gaze back the way he came as his eyes began to glow a softer shade of green.

The world around him whizzed by at surprising speed, but he was used to it, as it came with using his sight's "zoom function." It only too seconds to relocate his classmates, and he breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of everyone alright, sans the Italian demi-god that had started it all, pinned down in the sand, currently on the receiving end of one of Troy's famous "cooldown hugs."

"From the looks of things, the situation's bein' handled for the moment," he reassured the lifeguard, hoping to put the poor guy at ease. "The fight's over, as far as I can tell, an' it doesn't look like anyone else got hurt."

-------------------------------------------------

Jenn watched Cam as he strode towards Heather, a bit of worry nagging at her mind. It wasn't that she didn't trust him to try and handle this situation, its that she was worried about it being mishandled. Cam was a good guy, but his personality tended to be a bit... Abrasive. And that probably wasn't something they needed right now, if what Dani had said about Heather was true.

"Maybe I should go too," the frog-girl reasoned apprehensively, already starting to move in that direction. "Having another girl there might help put her more at ease. Besides," she turned her head back in Heather's direction, her heartstrings being tugged at the sight of the empathic girl sitting there on the sand all by herself, "she just seems so lonely."
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Towkarn » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:52 pm

Even as everybody else went back to their games and returned to their sunning spots on towels, Heather was left sitting by herself. Maybe she wanted it that way, or maybe nobody noticed except those heading straight for her. She was alternating between glaring at the volleyball as it bounced between fists and sighing as she looked out at the ocean. It was a little overstated; you didn't need to be an empath to realise she was putting it on a bit thick, consciously or not.

She was so caught up in her own misery, she didn't notice the two students approaching.

---

The lifeguard let out a sigh of relief, only just now realising he'd been holding his breath for a moment. "Well, is there a teacher or someone who needs to be notified about your friend's injuries?"

---

Giovanni gave Troy a look that would damn near wither a flower. A couple of girls giggled and pointed, quite obviously changing the topic of their gossip to the 'nature' of Demi-Gods and the Divinely Blessed. A lot of people remembered that time when Giovanni had gotten down on one knee for Troy; and considering that most people barely got a nod of acknowledgement, this had spawned a number of rumours. The only reason Giovanni wasn't currently pushing the other teenager away already was because his arms were still too numb to work properly. He'd only end up flailing like a chicken with its head chopped off, and he knew it.

"Troy... what the hell are you doing...?" The Italian's voice was a growl, which suggested all sorts of unfortunate things might happen if his personal space didn't stop getting invaded. Good thing he was more bark than bite right now.

[[OOC: So sorry, guys! My brain has not been a tidy place recently, but I'll try to be posting more often so we can reach the conclusion - not far off, now!]]
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:32 am

"Sorry" Troy murmured looking like a kicked puppy. "It's just...I know this isn't you, you're not actually all that big a jerk, not really...um. We'll figure out how to get rid of it"

Dani put a hand in front of her face and sighed. "Troy is far too trusting"

------------------------------

Cam strode towards Heather. "Oi. Misery Guts. What have you done?"

Tactful as always...
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:40 pm

"Troy... get off..." Giovanni was still growling his words more than speaking them. Troy was very lucky that he was exhausted enough he could barely think of anything hurtful to say, and that it didn't occur to him to put up one of his auras.

"What?! What the hell do you want, Ashton?! Leave me alone!" Heather snapped at the other Empath. It was obvious to Cameron now where the hostility implanted in Giovanni was coming from. This girl radiated bad vibes. It was like asking a member of the Westboro Baptist Church what they thought about gay marriage. The girl's aura may very well have been caustic to the touch; you know, if one had the ability to touch auras.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:32 am

"Undo what you did to Giovanni you martyr-complex-humping little cheese-head" Cam snapped. "Then you can get back to making the world hate you because it makes you feel better. God at least I know I have a spiteful personality, I'm not entirely sure you do."

Dani was barely within ear shot but she managed to clap a hand to her face on reflex alone.

Troy stepped back and watched Giovanni.
The Hellion
Senior

Previous

Return to RP Corner