Shai'tan's invasion

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Shai'tan's invasion

Postby ShastaB24 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:25 pm

Note: This is an RP that anyone can join, at any time. Let's get things going on this and try to make it quite fun. It's part of a webcomic crossover project I'm running for the year and, if everyone is okay with this, will be put into comic form and into print, with the proceeds going to the Hero Initiative, a charity that helps comic creators in need. As such, let's make this a great RP.

This takes place at the middle of the school year, during winter break, near the end of it as everyone is coming back to the school.

Amber and Vince climbed out of the car. Back at Poseidon Prep. The break wasn't going to last much longer, so they were sure they'd see some other students meandering about in the halls, with others coming in sporadically. Amber grabbed her bags and saw Vince rubbing his legs.

"You need to get the hang of car rides," she said.

Vince got up tensely, his legs still recovering from inactivity. "Don't know if I ever will," he replied, walking to her. He put his arm around her. "But I can get used to being with you."

The two kissed. "So corny," Amber said, "but I like it."

There was a faint fizzly popping sound and Vince turned his head to look in its direction, breaking the kiss.

"What?" Amber asked, turning her head, too. There was a mass of grey and black energy formulating a good distance away. It grew larger and the two saw a man clad in a green uniform step through. He was followed by more dressed like him, with them taking up a military formation upon stepping onto the grounds, leaving a corridor between them. Into this corridor stepped a woman whose skin was chalk white. She had two toes and an elongated heel. She wore a red halter top and skin-tight red shorts. Her eyes were red and she had uneven black hair that was short on the right side, long on the left. On her back were green reptilian wings and there were fangs visible from her mouth. Following her was a man in a brown and golden brown suit and a dark red cape. On his head was a helmet with high pointed horns and his eyes shone a piercing red. "Invasion?" Amber asked meekly.

"Such a ripe world for the taking," the helmeted one said.

"Yep," Vince said to Amber. "We should get help."

The two scrambled away towards the campus, trying their best not to be seen by the armada.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:33 am

Nate had his arm around Aubrey on his platform, the vampire boy had a Christmasy sweater on and red jeans on with vans and black socks. The Elemental, had his signature green shirt with a hoodie on unzipped and his ripped blue jeans with light shoes.

The two saw the man and woman who appeared near Amber and Vincent, he landed near his classmates and jumped off along with Aubrey.

"What's going on, who are those two?" Nate asked his friends.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:36 pm

I'd like to mention that Vince, for my character, is not short for Vincent. I think there's a Vincent as one of the students, and this is part of the reason I have this. Just so you know.

I'm also using Lifter of the Veil and Namib Rain, because I want to get them in on it (and my little brother is fine with me using them). People should feel free to use more of their characters, too.

"Look, I'm just saying Umoja just hasn't been the same without you," Ngedi told Sean as they rounded the corner around a building. The two had been back for a while due to their training regimines.

"I... Wait. Is that a new teacher?" Sean pointed to the invaders.

Ngedi looked there, too. "Which one?"

Vince collided with Sean, not looking where he was going. "Hey, watch it!" Sean exclaimed. He looked at who it was. "Hey, aren't you Grant's brother?"

"We're being invaded!" Vince blurted out, ignoring the question and waving his hand to indicate the invaders.

Amber averted her eyes away from Ngedi, seeing Nate and Aubrey. "Hey, there's more students over there. I'm gonna go get them." She slipped off in the direction of those two, Ngedi glaring at her as she ran off.

Meanwhile, Sean pushed Vince off of him. "It's not an invasion. Just new staff. Probably," he said.

"Fan out," the helmeted one said. "We know this is a school for superheroes, so you should find plenty of opposition. Don't hesitate to use deadly force."

"I'm beginning to think the universe just likes to prove people wrong," Ngedi breathed.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:33 pm

Aubrey clenched his hands and his liquidy eyes shifted, Nate covered his hands with rock.

"Since when do teachers or staff refer to their students as opposition..." Nate said. "So you gonna fight or sight see?"
Safeguard
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:07 pm

Amber approached the two and stopped shortly before getting to them, seeing them getting ready for combat, not wanting to get too close to them unexpectedly. "They've seen them," she muttered.

Meanwhile, the soldiers began to scatter, going in many directions but especially into the school. Ngedi grabbed one of her kama. "Wait!" Vince hissed. Ngedi looked at him, annoyed. Vince pointed to Amber. "See her? She absorbs the souls of the dead and they can take control of her body. So please try not to use deadly force."

Ngedi sighed. "You know we're taught better than that. I'm a senior. I know perfectly well how to take down an opponent with these things without killing them." She began to fade into a mist.

Sean smiled, some of his jewels glowing. "We can sure maim them, though."
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:16 pm

"Don't worry I'm a vampire but I don't feed on stupid." Aubrey said landed after leaping in front of one of the soldiers.

Small rock hands appeared and grabbed one soldier's ankles, an axe appeared in Nate's hands.

"What is it about this school that you have to invade it with your...filth soldier?" Nate asked with a raised eyebrow.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:08 pm

Ngedi surrounded a soldier in a mist, solidifying to put him in a hold. She put the blade to one of her kama to his kneck. "What are you doing here?" she hissed. The soldier reached for his gun and Ngedi rapped him on the head, knocking him out.

Sean, meanwhile, send out tendrils of energy from a ring. They snaked out and grabbed two soldiers, lifting them up and slamming them to the ground.

Vince darted to Amber's side. "Are you okay?" he asked.

Amber was nervously fidgeting with her shirt. "I... don't know what to do," she said. "I don't know if I can fight anybody."

Vince's clothes changed to his costume. "Well, first thing you should do is suit up."

"Right." Amber looked sheepishly at Vince as her clothes changed to her costume. "I... think I'll get George."
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:24 pm

Aubrey simply went to other soldiers to try and prevent them from getting into the school.

A rather tall youth with brighter green eyes than Nate walked through the halls and noticed some commotion going on outside.

"Hey Aub, what's going on?" He asked.

"Invasion, apparently, help me round these guys up." Aubrey said to Sydney, the android did as he was told and knocked a few more soldiers out.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:49 am

Amber closed her eyes and opened them, suddenly looking more determined. George was now in control. "Let's do this," he said, building some water between his hands.

Vince changed into a griffin. The two ran headlong into the fray.

Ngedi, meanwhile, decimated the soldiers in her path as she made her way to the leaders. The woman had her back turned and Ngedi approached her as a mist. Suddenly the helmeted one sot ot a energy blast from his hand, blasting Ngedi back and causing her to solidify instinctually. "Sneaking up on behind is cheating," the man said, advancing on her. "Cheating is a forfeiture of life."

"Ngedi!" Sean called, scared. He extended his staff and a bolt of energy shot from it, hitting the helmeted one and blasting him back.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Sydney switched his shield on and attacked the helmeted man.

"You're attacking a school and you're talking about cheating, you got some nerve jar head." Sydney said. "What did we ever do to you?"

"Is this cheating?" Nate asked in his golem form. "Now you have two to worry about." Facing the helmeted man.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:43 am

The helmeted man looked up at Nate. "Of course not. Even if your power were superior to mine." His body let off a multitude of black and gray sparkles and he grew in size. "Let's see if you can back up your high and mighty attitude." The helmeted man punched Nate with the force of a pickup truck.

The woman approached Ngedi, who was pushing herself up shakily. "Now, let's see," she purred. She grabbed Ngedi and pulled her up, bringing her mouth to Ngedi's neck, her fangs ready to sink in. "How do you taste?"

Sean saw what was happening with Ngedi, but was preoccupied, since a large amount of soldiers had come at him and had him in a hold. They took his staff and pointed it at him. "You will not disturb Lord Shai'tan," the one holding the staff said.

George blasted several soldiers with water. "Where's the faculty?" he asked. "Where's the other students?"

"Yeah, we can't count on anybody coming to our aid very soon," Vince said, pouncing on a soldier. "We're not even sure they're coming back to school today."
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:01 pm

"Uh, I may be new at the vamp thing, but biting someone against their will is just icky." Aubrey said and pulled the woman away from Ngedi. He showed her his fangs and magic coursed around his body like electricity.

Nate crashed against the wall and demolished the student chairs and tables with his weight. His eyes glowed with intensity and his size increased more than the Helmeted man, his scalp just scraping the ceiling.

"You don't wanna tempt me old man, you get me angry I'll squash you like a bug." Nate said.

"Uh anyone wanna try and CtrlAltDelete me?" Sydney said sarcastically.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby MentalFloss » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:54 am

Schala kept looking at her class schedule and then looking back up. This was her first time in an American school and had no idea it would be this immense. Let alone all the super-powered students and teachers. Up until this point she had been tutored in both practical education and the mystic arts from the lands of fate, having little contact with the western world outside of language teachers.

On her shoulder, a little glowing man sat perched happily munching on a tiny slice of apple.

She was quickly distracted by the ruckus with the helmeted man and stepped closer to watch, but stayed far enough, trying not to be noticeable.
Track 1: Ocean "Deception"
Track 2: Raine "Lucid"
Track 3: Jo "Muzzle"

http://profile.imeem.com/DhObMrT/playli ... _playlist/
MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby ShastaB24 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:56 am

Sorry about being away. I've been sick (still am) and that affords me so little energy to do things. My body wants its sleep.

Shai'tan looked up at Nate and black and grey sparkles surrounded his body again, causing him to become taller.

The vampire woman whirled and lunged at Aubrey. "Do not rob me of my prey!" she hissed. "I am Varla Upir, consort to Varney, Lord Ruthven and Dracula. I am your superior in every way."

Ngedi scrambled back, catching her breath. Her hand went to her neck. Nothing. She looked at her fingers. No blood. She breathed in relief and then saw Sean being held by the soldiers. She darted over to him to see what she could do to help.

Vince caught a glimpse of Schala out of the corner of his eye. "Hey, is she a student?" he asked.

"Why don't you ask her?" George asked, blasting a soldier in the face with water. "See if she could be of some help to us."
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:31 pm

"Perhaps, but Dracula was stinking old man with cabin fever." Aubrey said and amber-colored energy erupted from him freezing the vampress in her tracks, he punched her in the face and threw her into Shai'tan.

Sydney blasted Shai'tan with a shot of plasma and turned his shield on, he smirked and continued pummeling the man.

"I imagine there must be a limit to your size otherwise your body would not be able to withstand the increased mass and crumble under its own weight, I'd rather not endanger anyone by stepping on them accidentally, but if you wanna compare junk then I don't mind." Nate said getting taller than Shai'tan, his head protruded through the ceiling, the ground became more like sand and the giant man was sinking.
Safeguard
Senior

Next

Return to RP Corner