Shai'tan's invasion

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby ShastaB24 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:27 pm

"Yes, I understand the ramifications that can arise from increased size," Shai'tan said, pulling a foot out of the sand and stepping on the ground beyond it, nearly squashing Varla. "Have you not wondered the purpose of the black and grey bits that surround me every time my size increases?" His body surrounded with the black and grey sparkles, his size increasing. "They give me mass and make me as large and strong as I desire. It's a magic which is second nature to me."

Varla jumped out of the way of Shai'tan's foot, snarling. "Dracula was a thousand times your better, little one. That Van Helsing got lucky." She lunged at Aubrey.

Ngedi smacked into a few soldiers, using her kama to slice into them. "You okay, Sean?" she asked, throwing his staff to him.

"I'm fine," he said, catching it. "But that big guy mentioned magic. I think to stop him we need to find the counter magic to whatever he's using."
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby MentalFloss » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:03 am

Schala had seen enough. She pulled a piece of lint out of her pocket and handed it to the little man on her shoulder. She whispered something to him in Andalusian Arabic and he jumped from her shoulder and dissapeared before he hit the ground.

She pulled held her staff in front of her firmly with both hands and began to wave it in circles around her. Muttering something in Andalusian, the tip of the staff began to glow with a powerful holy glow, blinding the eyes of the Shai'tan but oddly not affecting anyone else's vision.

"I don't know who you are, but you are going to far sir." She took a step forward, the light at the tip of her staff searingly bright.

She prayed in the back of her mind that her gen would reappear soon with a counter-spell....
Track 1: Ocean "Deception"
Track 2: Raine "Lucid"
Track 3: Jo "Muzzle"

http://profile.imeem.com/DhObMrT/playli ... _playlist/
MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Safeguard » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:49 am

"Baby my kind is a million times better than some bad actor in a castle, and have you noticed that sunlight doesn't bother me in the slightest?" Aubrey asked with a smirk as he placed his hand in the light. "Unlike your kind, I enjoy being in the sun..."

Aubrey caught Varla and headbutted her, following it up with an uppercut and smashing her against a wall.

"Counteract his magic, hmmm, how do you counteract something like this?" Sydney asked.

[OOG: Magic is not Sydney's strong suit lol]
Safeguard
Senior

Postby MentalFloss » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:58 am

"I sent my gen to the realm of fate to find forbidden magicks in a token of some sort. i'm never completely sure what kind of spell it would be, but it almost always works."

She inched closer, hoping he would just try to grab hold of the staff from her. the light, shielded by Aubrey's giant hand.

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby ShastaB24 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:01 am

Varla pulled herself out of the wall. "Sunlight? When has my kind ever been bothered by sunlight?" she asked. "Dracula told me it diminished his powers, but it's nowhere near the killer your media likes to portray it to be." She looked up. "It's a sunny day and I feel fine." She looked at her pinking skin. "Just, ah, don't let the pale skin fool you. I really do prefer the nighttime."

"It looks like he's drawing from around him, though the amount of sparkles around him would not give him as much mass as he has," Sean said. "He's likely drawing from various universes, not just this one. I've read about that type of spell. You can potentially draw from living beings, which would be highly painful for them. Usually that stops somebody from performing it. Well, that and skill level."

"Sight is a funny thing," Shai'tan rumbled. "So many believe it has such high importance." He slammed his fists onto the ground full force. "When it's just another sense, in the end. You can learn to do without, if need be."

George and Vince smashed to the ground from the tremor, Vince skidding near Schala and George falling onto Sean.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Aubrey picked himself up from the ground after the tremor and bared his teeth towards Varla with a flash of amber light he was gone and appeared behind her.

"If it were a fight between us to the death, I can honestly say you would lose." Aubrey said and restrained her with his arm pinned against her throat.

"Hmmmm, so we have to find a way that will disconnect him from the multidimensional source of energy he is tapping into." Sydney said. "Electromagnetic energy can usually nullify or jam any kind of interstitial access to multidimensional energy sources. in other words anything other than magic."

"Schala said she has an idea, her genie is cookin' something up." Nate said brandishing his axe and returning to his human form. "Let's see how you do without legs."

He swept his axe in an ark, attempting to cleave Shai'tan's legs.

[ooc: Electromagnetic energy in comics and what not can jam certain things such as access to an interdimensional energy source and teleportation uses this to go from one spot to another.]
Safeguard
Senior

Postby MentalFloss » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:07 am

Schala poked Shai'Tan with the bright tip of her staff and a burst of energy exploded, knocking him off his feet and back a few yards.

The light at the tip faded and she took a defensive position it would be a minute or two before she could cast another minor spell. Until then she would have to rely on melee.

"Nabeel..."She muttered under her breath"...Hurry up."

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby ShastaB24 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:41 am

As Shai'tan fell, the ground shook immensely. "Clever," he mused, beginning to push himself up.

"I'll show you 'clever'!" Sean yelled, jumping in at Shai'tan, energy flowing off his rings.

"Sean, be--" Ngedi started, but winced as he ent flying in the other direction, backhanded by Shai'tan. "...careful."

Vince jumped in at Shai'tan, becoming a hydra. "Hey, he's a jerk, but that's no reason to--" He was cut off by Shai'tan grabbing his knecks in his elbow pit.

"Oh crap," George said, looking up at this. "I... I think Amber and I are kinda outclassed here."
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby MentalFloss » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:15 pm

Nabeel reappeared in the place Schala was standing earlier. He scrambled over to her trying to avoid being stepped on, carrying a dried up pair of clamshells in his arms. She reached down and scooped him up , holding him up to her ear, he spoke something to her, then jumped to her shoulder, leaving the clamshell in her hand.

"Ok everyone, you better hold onto something.... and don't stand in any doorways...."

She started chanting in Andalusian, holding the shells over her head. Doors and windows all around the entire school began to rattle, the knobs and latches turning all on their own. She chanted louder and everyone who was standing in a doorway in the school was pushed out by some invisible force. Shai'tan himself felt something deep within his soul being shoved out of a doorway.

She then put the shells together and a very deep and heavy rumble was heard.

Every door in the school slammed shut, windows locked, vents sealed, and cabinets closed all over the campus. Along with that, everyone with teleporting or interdimensional connection or travel or even summoning abilities lost their powers.

Schala fell to the ground, the clamshell turned to sand and water in her hands. She gasped for air, the forbidden spell having taken a lot out of her.

"T-There....She heaved. This spell has closed all physical, metaphorical and dimensional doors. None of them can be opened for a few hours."

As she looked around the school and saw students and faculty in the halls and courtyard, all ejected from the classrooms, it dawned on her at this moment that she won't have access to Forbidden Magicks for awhile because of this as well.

The sparkles around Shai'tan faded and he slowly began to shrink down to a normal size.

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby ShastaB24 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:52 pm

Shai'tan looked down at his hands. "Impressive," he grumbled.

Vince pulled himself off the floor where he'd fallen during the spell, still in hydra form. "Yeah, now stand down!"

Shai'tan put out his hand and uttered an incantation. A wave of magic extended from his hand, trapping Vince in place. "I still know plenty of spells, though I have to speak to do most of th--" A jet of water sloshed into his face, cutting him off.

"Shut up!" George cried, exasperated, causing the water to surround Shai'tan's entire helmet.

"Oh, sure, WE can't kill him, but you can suffocate him," Sean grumbled.

"I think it's only until he gets knocked out," Ngedi said out of the side of her mouth.

"Don't think this is over!" Varla hissed. She motioned to the soldiers around. "Continue attacking, you morons! Remember, the one they're taking down is just a clone. Your true master will develop a contingency to this when he hears of it."

EDIT: I wrote this and then realized that Shai'tan shouldn't be able to do any magic. So, treat it as if he had a reserve magical energies in his helmet, for emergency circumstances.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby MentalFloss » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:51 pm

A soldier attempted to pounce on Schala, but she quickly swatted him away with her staff. She then used her staff to try and stand again, a lot of her stamina drained by the Forbidden spell. She took a defensive stance, ready to use her most basic spells to keep a safe distance while she attempted to catch her breath.

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Safeguard » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:55 pm

"If you're ready to give up now would be a great time." Nate said with his axe pressed dangerously close to Shai'tan's throat.

Aubrey and Varla were still fighting outside, in the sun and their fight was not going anywhere.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:07 am

Shai'tan looked down at Nate's axe, clearly on the verge of passing out. He kicked at the axe, trying to send it flying towards George and knock him out.

Vince, meanwhile, picked himself up again. "I really need to stop getting knocked down," he grumbled. He felt a searing pain in his side and looked to see a soldier shooting at him. Vince felt quite thankful that he was a hydra and not in human form at the moment.

Sean pointed his rings at a mass of soldiers, sneering, but the rings didn't do anything. "Aw, hell," he said, looking at his hand. He tightened his grip on his staff and swung it, knocking a couple soldiers out. "Stupid anti-magic spell."

"Oh, whatever are you going to do without your magic," Ngedi mocked as she cracked a soldier over the head with the handle of her kama. "Should have stayed in the ISC. You could've improved your moves."
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:28 pm

"Tell your master you failed snookums, I'm sure he'll be pleased and to be fair, you suck as a vampire." Aubrey said with his hands on his hips, his liquid gold eyes shifting constantly.

"Ugh, I wanted to fight more." Sydney said with a mock expression of sadness.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby MentalFloss » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:50 pm

Schala tripped another troop who was moving in on Aubrey. before he could get up she cracked him in the back of the helmet with her staff.

He stayed down.

The tiny little man lept off her arm and ran up to the fallen soldier and kicked him in the nose. Then he quickly scurried back to his master.

"Nabeel, I appreciate your spirit, but you're really not helping." She grumbled.

MentalFloss
Sophomore

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner