Ascension

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Ascension

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Notes: since I don't know who is still hear and who isn't I have decided that I will start a new role play thread for the 'ascension' of geomancer into godhood. As before I would prefer that characters to have magical or divinity based powers. While this doesn't mean other characters can't join in, all characters are welcome, it's just that I prefer those with a link to divinity for this role play. I would like to add that the characters will be fighting dying gods. They will be difficult foes and likely will require a unique method other than brute force to be defeated so be on your toes
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Postby MentalFloss » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:45 pm

I only have 3 magical characters and 2 of them are evil lol

I guess i'll use Sha'ir/Schala for this one too, she draws on the elemental forces of the flame, wind, sand and rain, and can call upon her gen to fetch her forbidden magicks from the realm of genies.
Track 1: Ocean "Deception"
Track 2: Raine "Lucid"
Track 3: Jo "Muzzle"

http://profile.imeem.com/DhObMrT/playli ... _playlist/
MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:05 am

(alright, I guess I'll start now and hope others join in. It doesn't have to be a magical character and villains are always welcome to make things more difficult.)

Lucianos gasped as he awoke for the third time this week from the same strange dream he had been having for the past couple weeks. He didn't tell anyone about them at first, figuring it was jut a dream, well that and he usually forgot most of the details about then five minutes later. However this time there was no doubt in his mind he would tell someone about them. Surely the dream had to mean something if it just was appearing to him on a regular basis. Right?

He sighed for a moment before getting up and quietly left his room to get a glass of water. He probably wouldn't be getting any more rest tonight anyways. The water was more to press against his head than to actually drink. It wouldn't be long before some sort of headache came over him as a result of his powers and he didn't feel like working on his spell work in the middle of the night.
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Postby ShastaB24 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:53 pm

Well, I feel I could use Lifter of the Veil (a magical character) and Split (whose ability to trap souls in her mind is linked in a way to divinity). Of course, I think I'll throw my character Thalhear (another magical one), just to get him out there.

Sean was carousing with his former Umoja teammates when one of his rings began to glow. He looked at it with trepidation. "What's it doing?" Ngedi asked, leaning in close.

"I... don't know," Sean confessed. "I've never used this one. It's not an offensive one." He looked up at Ngedi. "I have to go."

"But--" Ngedi started, but Sean was already up and leaving, having a feeling that the ring might be guiding him, as if there was a destiny he needed to fulfill.

Amber lay on her bed, reading. She relished in the relaxation after a hard day of school. Suddenly she saw her hands flicker, one yellow and the other red and green. "Wha?" she asked, as her costume, like an old florescent light, flickered into view and then not. Amber jumped off the bed as the flickering stopped and she was fully in costume. "I did not tell it to come on!" she complained. It could replace her regular clothes with a thought, and back again, but this time it wasn't following her orders. The cape flowed around in front of her and made motions as if gesturing, pointing to the door. Amber, confused, grabbed it and tried to throw it back behind her back. Then she felt a tugging sensation as all the fabric in her costume began to forcefully make her walk to the door. "Okay!" she cried. "I'll go. Just let me do it!" She headed out the door, wondering what was going on.

Thalhear sat in his costume shop, weaving his spell, putting on the last finishing touches before it didn't need his input to do its job. Finished, he slumped back in his seat. It was going to be a trying time. There was a prophecy he knew needed to be acted upon. Though the prophecy only said that something would happen and not who would win, he also felt Amber Sees would be an important part of the equation.

Thalhear kneaded the bridge of his nose. He had spent lifetimes awaiting the return of one great threat, only to find himself embroiled in something else. "Lucianos," he muttered. Why did he care so much about this one child, whom he had never met? He extended his hands and ribbons of fabric detached from around and flowed onto him, changing his outfit into something more befitting a sorceror. Grabbing an old dusty book, he strode out the door, headed towards Poseidon Prep.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby MentalFloss » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:16 pm

I just remembered i have one Chi Mage, but he only alters perception, auditory, tactile, visual and olfactory. For the combat areas he uses his fists. You are free to Queue me whenever you want a villain, I have an enormous rogue's gallery lol

Ocean was fast asleep. His computer playing music softly across the way on his desk. the door to his room creaked open and a shadow stood looming in the doorway.

It stepped towards him and reached out slowly and grabbed him on the shoulder.

"WAKE UP!" Raine shouted shaking her brother awake.

Ocean jumped and almost punched her. "DON'T DO THAT RAINE!" he shouted back at her. He looked at the alarm clock next to his bed, "It's 3 in the morning, what could it possibly be?!"

"It's that nightmare again. Someone's nightmare keeps getting into my head and it's annoying!" She sta on his bed and looked at the floor, "The thing is, I can't pinpoint who or where it's coming from, making it impossible for me to take control of the dream..."

"And what do you want me to do about that?" Ocean turned over and grumbled. He hated being woken up.

"Go to sleep and I'll share the dream with you the next time it happens. Your Chi magic should be able to work in the dream since it's life energy and not external powers."

He sighed loudly, but didn't look back at her. "you had to wake me up to tell me this?"

"Well if i just did it you would have thought it was a normal dream and then forgot about it. I wanted to make sure this stayed in your head. So if it happens again i'll pull you into it and we'll try to solve it together ok?"

"Whatever Raine... go back to whatever you were doing since you never sleep anyways."

"I was trying to file our taxes... remember how you made me file taxes for the mini businesses i keep running?"

"You mean the con artist jobs you keep pulling to extort the Poseidon Prep kids."

"Situational Capitalizing." She corrected him as she got up and left the room.

Ocean often wondered if his sister would start turning into a villain when they got older, but right now he just wanted to go back to sleep.

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:14 pm

Lucianos sighed as he pressed the cool glass to his forehead as he thought about what he could do about his weird dream before an idea hit him. He remembered that Raine had dream related powers that prevented her from sleeping. Perhaps she could help in some way. He left the water next to the sink where he got it from and rushe off to Raine and Ocean's room. He knocked on the door and said, "Raine, open up I know you don't sleep."
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Postby MentalFloss » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:54 pm

Hearing the knocking, Ocean rolled over in his bed "Why did we even agree to go to live in these dorms? we don't even go to this school! We're on independent studies..." He got up and slammed his bedroom door shut. Using a perception spell, the door disappeared and turned into a picture on the wall.

"Because rent is ridiculous in this city!" Raine got up from her bedroom and walked out to the common room, answering the door.

"Hey.. ummm... Luce.. what's up?"

She stepped out into the hallway, gently closing the door behind her. "I don't want to wake my brother up again."

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:43 pm

"Look, Raine I've been having a recurring dream lately and I was wondering if you could help," he said sheepishly, "I understand if you refuse but I got this feeling that the dream is important for some reason." He really hoped she would help, though he had heard rumors about her blackmailing other students through their dreams. He was hoping that the rumor was just that, a rumor.
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Postby MentalFloss » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:10 am

"Well describe the dream, I may have been walking around in it."

The two fo them walked around hte dormitories, she listened intently to him describing it and was dumbfounded.

"That...is the dream that has been getting in my head over and over!" She squealed. "i've been trying to get a hold of it, but that's the dream i can't control...." Next time you're having it, look for me nd grab me, i can pull my brother into the dream if he's asleep and we can try to figure it out together."

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:05 am

"Well if you can't control it maybe its not a dream but some sort of vision or something." Luciano's said as they arrived in the student lounge. "I could try going back to sleep, but I'm not sure how I'll be able to look for you or be able to help you enter. You'll just need to try and enter on your own." He lounged his body on one of the couches and said, "if I can't get to sleep on my own though you'll need to knock me out somehow."
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Postby MentalFloss » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:26 am

Raine rummaged through her purse. "Always keep some handy!" she pulled out a capsule. "If all else fails, just close your door and break one of these on the floor, they're full of sleeping gas... " She hesitated, "Umm you might want to open your window though, just to let it all out while you sleep or you might not wake up for a long while until the gas dissipates."

She reached into her purse and grabbed a second one. "Just in case." She carefully closed her purse and clasped it shut.

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:45 am

"Let's call that plan 'B'," Lucianos said as he placed the capsules on a side table, "I'd rather fall asleep using a more traditional method, like hypnosis or something." With that said he sat up and looked at the capsules with trepidation. He wanted to know what the dream was but he wasn't willin to go as far as put himself in a potential coma. Not to mention his room mate. "Not to mention with hypnosis you can guide me subconsciously to access the dream and have me pull you in," he said hoping that made sense.
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Postby MentalFloss » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Raine rubbed her arm, looking away. "I.....don't know any hypnosis." She chuckled, "but maybe I should take that up..." She shrugged. "Just try to sleep normally, lay down and relax and close your eyes." She reached into her purse again and produced a small flask. "Maybe a quick shot or two." She looked around to make sure no one was watching."

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:41 pm

"Well I think it involves clearing the mind and relaxing," he said with a sigh, "I guess normal sleep will just have to do." He then laid back, ignoring the flask for now and closed his eyes. He took deep breaths as he cleared his mind and attempted to fall asleep. Surprisingly it worked and he soon asleep, almost as if something wanted him asleep. It wasn't long after this the dream began.

(Dream to begin in the next post)
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Postby ShastaB24 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:01 am

The cape kept flowing in front of Amber, pointing which way to go. At least her clothes weren't still tugging at her. However, she almost ran into Sean, who was completely distracted by his glowing ring. "Uh, hey..." she trailed off, having forgotten his name.

"Huh?" Sean asked, looking up from his ring. He looked at Amber and a scowl started to appear on his face. "Oh, it's you. You... uh, is there something wrong with your cape?"

"It's just leading me somewhere," Amber said. "Somehow," she muttered.

"It looks like we're headed the same way," Sean said. "To the student lounge."

"There's a student lounge?" Amber asked. She'd spent most of her lounging time, either with Vince or not, at the library or at various points outside.

"Come on," Sean grumbled with a quick motion of his hand for her to follow, pushing his way into the student lounge.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Next

Return to RP Corner