Ascension

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby MentalFloss » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:13 am

"Ooh there it goes..." Raine said, seeing Lucianos drifting off to sleep. The dream, althought not fully realized, the bits and pieces of it were coming together. She started to sit down when the student lounge doors opened. Startled, She threw a capsule at the door, the sleeping gas instantly enveloping Amber and Sean.

"....oops." She winced. As the dream slowly came together in her mind, she used her powers to make the sleeping students stand up and sleepwalk over to the couches and lay down. She then pulled up an armchair and sat down herself.

"I guess we can pull them into the dream as well..." Raine muttered to herself.

Sean and Amber's dreams started to form in her head, she quickly began to manipulate the dream world and merged their dreams into one before the fully formed and became independent. She then began to pull their common dream over to Lucianos'.
Track 1: Ocean "Deception"
Track 2: Raine "Lucid"
Track 3: Jo "Muzzle"

http://profile.imeem.com/DhObMrT/playli ... _playlist/
MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:12 pm

The dream started as it always did, lots of mist and fog tht was filled with sounds of animals that he had only encountered at a zoo. As the mist cleared tropical plants came into view as Lucianos wandered aimlessly, though he could feel something calling out to him. He eventually came to a stop in strange clearing where everything was silent, it almost had a holy preasence to it. The clearing was filled with what appeared to be stones, both large and small, covered in various amounts of flora. In the middle of the clearing stood a large stone statue of a woman that was almost completely coveeed in vines, lichen, and flowers. The strange thing was that the stuff covering the statue covered it in such a way one might think that the plants had been put on it on purpose so it seemed to resemble a human.

(Well I wish this was longer but I'll wait for you guys to respond before putting in the next part)
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Postby ShastaB24 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:49 am

"What the..." Amber said, seeing the dream world around her. "Huh?"

"It's a dream," George said, walking up beside Amber.

"Why would you say that?" Sean shot.

"He's..." Amber started, unsure how to explain.

"Dead," George finished for her. "I'm trapped in her head."

"But if this is a dream," Sean said, "who's is it?"

Thalhear strode down the halls of Poseidon Prep, hoping he wouldn't attract too much attention. Truth was, he'd never been to the school, having only made costumes for the students. However, after seeing a being made of living water and a kid without visible appendages, he was relieved. Determined, he strode into the student lounge to see the students asleep. "If only I were more punctual," he mused. "My textile magics can only extend so far."
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby MentalFloss » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:41 am

Raine stepped up behind him. "and you are...?"

Before he could answer she walked back over to the couch, Have a seat, you can help me with guard duty since i will have trouble concentrating. I'm trying to merge everyone's dreams together so we can figure out what's going on."

---------------------------------

Inside her mind everyone's dreams were slowly weaving together. Ocean's dream eventually connected and he stepped forward.

"Good! finally!" He nodded. "A way I can help AND still get some sleep!" He looked around.... "Soooo what's going on?"

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:11 pm

Lucianos was staring intently at the statue, about to touch before he heard the voices of the others. He shook his head as he remembered that this was a dream, his dream. "Wha-" he said before beig interupted by a huge rumbling sound. The stones in the clearing suddenly came to life, flying through the air in what could be described as a reverse explosion. The stones fit together like a massive 3-D puzzle, forming into a massive temple-like structure.
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Postby ShastaB24 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:22 am

"Wow, that's cool," Amber muttered.

"You need to focus," Thalhear said, approaching behind her. "Important things are going to happen."

"Vecini?" George asked, his nose crinkled. "What's the guy that made your costume doing here, Amber?"

"What are any of us doing here?" Sean said. "And why am I stuck with the sissy and his creepy tag-along kid?"

Thalhear pointed towards Lucianos. "Follow him. Aid him."
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby MentalFloss » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:49 pm

Ocean walked up to Lucianos. "So what is it about this dream anyways?"

He cracked his knuckles, it's been awhile since his sister dragged him into a dream.

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:02 pm

"Well if I knew the dream was about then it wouldn't be happening repeatedly," Lucianos said with a sigh. Just then an orb of light appeared before the group and out stepped the flora covered statue, only it this time it was alive. "Greetings Lucianos," It said an earthy lady-like voice, "You may be wondering what is going on. I have taken control of your dream world and pulled it into my realm. I am dying, and I need to pass my powers on to another before I fade. Normally I would travel to you physically to do so but my powers are too weak at this time to do so. You must travel to me. However that in of itself is no simply task, you must first gather the seven seals of ascension. You will find the first guarded by Apophis in the land of death." With that said the dream world slowly started to fall apart. "However you must hurry, others will surely be after the seals. If they gather them all before you do the world will be in terrible danger," Said the woman before she faded.
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Postby ShastaB24 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:49 am

"Death?" George asked. "Do we really have to go there?"

"You already are dead," Amber said to him. "And yet you're scared of death?"

"You don't understand. What if they want to claim me, say I belong with all the other souls?" George said.

"Shouldn't you want to move on?" Sean muttered.

Thalhear put his hand on George's shoulder. "The bond between your sister and yourself is strong," he said. "Her power keeps you near her and may keep others from taking you." I think, he thought to himself. He'd seen a similar bond before, which was impossible for the greatest sorcerers to break, but these were gods and this bond was not as strong.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby MentalFloss » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:32 pm

"The seven seals?" Ocean repeated. "DID YOU HEAR THAT SIS?!" he shouted to the sky.

Outside the dream world, Raine sat on a lounge chair, sleeping people all around her. She was going through their bags and wallets looking for anything interesting while they were out cold. Hearing her brother's voice in the dream world she bolted upright. "yeah, yeah i heard...."

Her voice echoed in the dream.

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:57 pm

"Worry not for the land of death is not a spiritual realm but -," said the voice before the rumbling of the world became to load to understand it. The world dissolved under there feat and those within started too free fall towards a bright light.

Lucianos quickly sat up. Forgetting most of what happened in the dream realm. The memories locking themselves within his subconscious. He turned to Raine and said, "Well... did you find anything within my noggin?" He asked unconcerned with the fact she was surrounded by open bags and wallets.
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Postby ShastaB24 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:16 pm

"Wh?" Amber let out. She was awake again. Looking up at the room, she was startled by Thalhear standing directly in front of her.

"Check your pouches," he said. "Valuable items may have been taken." As he said this, his cloak snaked over to the pile of stuff Raine had and picked up a few items, depositing them in his pocket.

"Hey!" Sean yelled, jumping to the pile and fishing out some rings and a couple necklaces. "Hands off my stuff!"

Amber checked a pouch and saw her reflection in the bracer on her left wrist. "You sure you want to go through with this?" George asked from the reflection. "It sounds dangerous."

"It... I... I don't think I have a choice," Amber replied, trying to keep her voice low so the others didn't think she was talking to herself.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby MentalFloss » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:41 pm

Raine smiled sheepishly, "This is umm embarassing... it's that you know... time of the month and all and i'm fresh out of tampons and umm..." She quickly changed the subject, "Yes, you need to find a way to venture into the land of death and confront Apophis. There are seven seals that need to be broken so some creepy lady can pass her powers onto another and die, she'd do it on her own and all, but she is too weak or something."

A sleepwaking student carrying a box of tampons marched into the common room and dropped it sloppily in front of Raine. "Ooh here are some umm... yeah..." She stammered, a giant smile on her face. She started to pick up the stray tampons and put them back in the box, "Ooh, and the world is in terrible danger...again....you know, the usual."

The sleepwalker turned and went back the way she came, as she pushed the door open, Ocean's scream could be heard all the way down the hall, "WHY AM I AWAKE AGAIN?!"
MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:06 pm

"... I need to venture to where to confront who?" Luncianos said confused by this. "The only Apophis I know of is the demon snake god of chaos and darkness from Egyptian mythology. Why would I go anywhere to confront him."

(... Well it's obvious Raine wasn't paying attention. Hopefully someone else remembers what 'the creepy lady' better than her.)
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Postby ShastaB24 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:52 pm

"We need to gather the seven seals of ascension," Sean said succinctly. "The first is with Apophis in the land of death."

"And that's why I don't want to do this at all!" George called from his reflection, knowing it was futile, since only Amber could hear him. She looked at him and put a finger on her lips to tell him to shush, as she really didn't like to seeminly talk to thin air.

"And we need to gather them before others," Thalhear said. He stepped forward and bowed in a way that one could gather to be a gesture of introduction, much as they may have done in medieval times. "You do not know me, Lucianos, and my true name is unimportant. I am called Thalhear and I am here to help."

"I thought your name was Vecini," Amber said.

"A common mistake," Thalhear replied.

Note: Thalhear is the proprietor of a superhero costume shop called Vecini's Clothing, named after the man that trained him. Just thought people would want to know why I have the misunderstanding of his name in there.
ShastaB24
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner