Witching Hour

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Witching Hour

Postby Prince Blanche » Sat May 04, 2013 3:35 am

((OOC: Well, howdy to y'all, looks like one of the not-so-prodigal not-so-son is back...))

Witching Hour:

"I know this love is a fantasy
I don't care, play with me..."

The song played softly in his earbuds, the young man mouthing the lyrics without making any noise as he walked through the streets. Sunday, early morning, gray skies, cold winds and a translucent blanket of fog, not that many people prowling the streets at this hour; the elements of the perfect time for him to do what he had come to do.

Reaching the center of the park, he sat on the ground and crossed his legs, taking a rather sturdy book out of his backpack and passing pages until he found the right one. Delicately stroking the paper with his fingertip, reciting the text, right in time for another song to begin.

"Finally, the day has come. Aren't you excited?" the man said to no one in particular, a grin in his lips. "I know I am..." he added, not even caring about the figure that had just appeared behind him, its grave expression, its outstretched wings and the very aura of dread it seemed to emanate. "This is going to be a very good day... and one hell of a night"

Meanwhile....

Yawning and stretching, Veronica scratched her backside as she got up from the bed, cursing first her alarm and second life itself for making her have to get up so early in the morning. Even moreso considering it was one of those days where she would just love to snuggle with her pillows and die until monday came. But she had things to do, mass to attend and needed to be ready soon, so instead of mentally complaining she just got up and went on to the bathroom to see if she could get her soul back.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Safeguard » Sat May 04, 2013 8:56 pm

Sydney sat on his bed, kicking off his sneakers and grabbing his laptop, he smiled at Aubrey who gave him a hug and ruffled his hair.

The vampire walked to the school kitchen to get a drink.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Mon May 06, 2013 10:21 am

Walking by in the kitchen was Noah, sluggishly moving from one place to the other as he took something to drink. He noticed Sydney and gave him a simple smile, waving.

"Hey there" the demon said. "I.... can't quite remember if I've seen you before. Have I?" he asked, blunt as only he could be.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Safeguard » Mon May 06, 2013 2:43 pm

((actually it was Aubrey in the kitchen not Sydney xD ))

"Hey, I am sort of new here, it is nice to meet you." Aubrey said with a warm grin of his. "Name's Aubrey."

The color in his eyes shifted like the water in a fish bowl.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Fri May 10, 2013 3:23 pm

((Sorry. My brain was in a daze, too many issues and too much thesis and too little inner peace, now on to business))

Noah turned his face to look at Aubrey, yawned like a lion on a cliff, and rubbed his eyes before actually introducing himself. "Hello.... Name's Noah, welcome to the asylum. I mean, Poseidon prep" the demon wasn't exactly awake enough to actually say much more than that, he just smiled as he shook hands with the vampire.

Gray clouds started covering the sky, the wind became stronger with each passing second, humming a somber song as if directed by a grim maestro. The young man looked up, mimicked by the hooded figure, as he spoke once again the psalms in the grimoire.

"Come out, come out, my pretty ones. The time has come" he said to no one in particular, a smile in his face. It was all coming together so perfectly...
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Ravenheart » Fri May 10, 2013 6:42 pm

(Welcome back. *And Thinks*)
Cyan/Mystica (No squad)- "My magic might be black but my heart is pure"

Nora/Cytech (No squad)- "I don't play around, I fight to win" [subject to change,lol]
Ravenheart
Sophomore

Postby Safeguard » Fri May 10, 2013 7:31 pm

"I love it here at Poseidon prep, though it looks like a storm is rolling in." Aubrey said and Sydney came into the kitchen, he waved slightly at Noah.

"Those clouds don't look natural." He said.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Sun May 12, 2013 4:27 pm

(Good to see you again Raven~ *le muamua*)

"What d'ya mean?" Noah asked, only slightly more aware of his surroundings now, waving back at Sydney. "You think something's messing with the weather?"

"Perhaps, perhaps it is, perhaps it is not. The wind, the wind, the song in the wind, the wind does not sing on its own" a velvety voice cooed near them, just as Siobhan walked by. "Its throat has been seized now. The wind, the wind, a marionette is the wind" the fae looked at the boys, her gaze never staying in one of them for more than a second.

"Well, the weather man lied; no surprise in there" Veronica said to herself as she walked outside, closing her jacket a little as she strode through the campus, stretching her legs.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Safeguard » Sun May 12, 2013 6:31 pm

Sydney looked at the Fae, he raised his eyebrow slightly and his neon green eyes narrowed with a 'zooming' function spinning around the pupil.

Aubrey folded his arms and stared at the Fae.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Mon May 13, 2013 1:26 pm

"Uh..... excuse me miss but who are you and why are you talking like that?" Noah asked, rather baffled. He had seen weird people in the school, he WAS one of them, but this one was rather..... eerie, even for him.

"I am, my name is, the call me Siobhan. I study here, I live here with you, I am but a mere student. But I could, I could not, I could not help myself when I heard you talking about this, the storm" the fae responded, her eyes never fixating on anything for more than a second before she placed her gaze somewhere else.

"Ok, I guess...." Noah said. "And how do you know this isn't natural?"

"The wind says it, it is clear to hear; the wind speaks of its disgrace, as that voice echoes through it" the redhaired fae looked at Noah's eyes, fixed in them for longer than it seemed possible for her. "That gaze, that gaze, the cold gaze of hell; warlocks, witches, demons and shades, you all bear that same gaze"
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Safeguard » Mon May 13, 2013 6:25 pm

"Someone is after you, you have the look as if someone is following you, can you be more specific about what is bothering you?" Sydney asked. "What is the significance about the wind?"

Sydney had a warmer, more friendly look about him and he grasped Siobhan's hands gently.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Mon May 13, 2013 10:36 pm

Siobhan's eyes opened and the fae retorted her hand, visibly shaken. She looked at Sydney with something that could be best described as fear, but was a bit more than just that; it was so primal and animalistic and yet so alien. "I, I, you, I, they, I...." in a moment, she relaxed a little and looked at Sydney with a bit of shame. "I.... ask forgiveness for my outburst. I just do not know how handle it, the touch, the warmth"

"She's.... not human enough for that kinda things" Noah said under his breath. "Anyways, so are you being followed?"

"Goodness gracious no, I hope not, not as much as always. I am followed only when I falter and let them come near me but I that is not my concern now" the faerie said, smiling in a manner that seemed like a mannequin trying to be warm. "The wind, the wind though, the wind has changed. And someone is behind it, but who or why I know not"
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Safeguard » Tue May 14, 2013 2:25 pm

If Sydney could blush, he would have, Aubrey nudged him playfully and the android smiled sheepishly.

"I apologize for that for but really there is no reason to be afraid, perhaps someone is behind the odd weather patterns..." Sydney shrugged.

"Do you know anyone capable of controlling this wind?" Aubrey asked.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Wed May 15, 2013 9:35 pm

Siobhan gave a half-smiled, about the closest it seemed her face could contort with amusement before it shattered like porcelain. "You do not inspire me fear. You inspire warmth. Yet... I know that a part of me will always be shackled by dread"

"Anyhows, no, I don't really know who could be controlling the weather like this. Unless we got some new kid or Mystica is playing around with her spellbook" Noah responded, sighing. "Or Kenji is playfighting with his spirits, who knows. D'ya know where we could search?"

"I could ask. The wind will not answer to my questions, the rooftop does not really understand the wind well, and the walls and trees are not talkative enough but..." Siobhan said. "The Poseidon statue is much too verbose, and I do suppose maybe it could know at least who can tell us"

"Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight...." while the demon had see weird things, but dealing with fairies was enough to make even the most chaotically evil of hell's denizens cringe with confusion. They were so... other. "So I guess we're gonna talk with statues then. Let's get started shall we?"
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Wed May 15, 2013 9:35 pm

Siobhan gave a half-smiled, about the closest it seemed her face could contort with amusement before it shattered like porcelain. "You do not inspire me fear. You inspire warmth. Yet... I know that a part of me will always be shackled by dread"

"Anyhows, no, I don't really know who could be controlling the weather like this. Unless we got some new kid or Mystica is playing around with her spellbook" Noah responded, sighing. "Or Kenji is playfighting with his spirits, who knows. D'ya know where we could search?"

"I could ask. The wind will not answer to my questions, the rooftop does not really understand the wind well, and the walls and trees are not talkative enough but..." Siobhan said. "The Poseidon statue is much too verbose, and I do suppose maybe it could know at least who can tell us"

"Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight...." while the demon had see weird things, but dealing with fairies was enough to make even the most chaotically evil of hell's denizens cringe with confusion. They were so... other. "So I guess we're gonna talk with statues then. Let's get started shall we?"
Prince Blanche
Senior

Next

Return to RP Corner