Witching Hour

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby Prince Blanche » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:51 pm

The vortex rose up like a geyser before turning and twisting, becoming something like a golden cocoon and changing from semi-liquid to simply light. The "chrysalis" pulsed and flamed, before it shed itself off from the being that now looked at the group.

She was beautiful, breathtakingly so. Her hair was long and shimmering orange-ish blonde, like the color of sunset; her eyes, flickering and golden like the inside of a flame, fixed on the group. Her graceful features were partly concealed by a half-mask made in the image of a sun; and she worse a hybrid between a robe and an armor, black and decorated with gold accessories representative of solar imagery. When she spoke, it was with an unearthly reverb, as if a choir of voices accompanied her cooing.

"In the name of Helios, I have been summoned. Speak now, sons of man, who summoned me, and what is that you seek?" the figure said as she walked towards them, her whole being emitting a halo of golden light.

"So you're the demon Medea, I take it. I expected someone taller" Gustav said as he looked at the being in front of him.

"Who?" Noah seemed a bit confused. He looked back at the "demon", his icy blue eyes seeing something equally arcane in hers, yet the name didn't really fit in...

Siobhan seemed transfixed in her terror, incapable of actually moving out of fear. There was something about the shimmering diva in front of her that evoked horror for the fae.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Safeguard » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:50 pm

"Medea, the sorcerer daughter of King Aeetes who killed her own children and fled Athens." Sydney said. "So is what you were summoning to ward off the boogeyman or is this the monster you've been fleeing?"

"Helios was the Titan of the sun, Medea was mortal though, what relationship does she have with him?" Aubrey asked confused.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:48 pm

"That's who she claims to be" Gustav said. "The demigod sorceress, grandchild of Helios and niece to Circe and Pasiphaë"

"I am her. Scion of the Sun, Titaness, Goddess... taken to the Heavens by the hands of Sol"

"Then why are you a demon? I suppose demons are about as far away as you can get from the Greek pantheon" Gustav asked nonchalantly.

"My heart. It was broken, full of rage, full of hatred" the lady cooed, yet the choir of voices underneath her own seemed to start screaming. "And so I was consumed, and found that I had no place in Olympus when I heard the call of those who needed my help. The betrayed, the unfulfilled, the disgusted... and with the pass of time I become this: divine and demonic, a Great Demon of the Sun himself, of scorned women and violence"
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Safeguard » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:28 pm

"Interesting, so you've come to kick our ass or collect the stupids?" Aubrey asked pointing at Gustav and Trivia. "I don't know how we can help you Medea."
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:01 pm

"Have you missed, I dunno, THE ENTIRE CONVERSATION WE HAD BEFORE?" Gustav said pinching the bridge of his nose. "THIS is the demon who has been causing chaos for us, and she's not exactly someone you should HELP"

"You will not help me. You are foolish, deluded and arrogant; I can see it. Taste it in your words. The kind of men that deserve my judgment... but for now I do not seek to do so" Medea said, the choir of voices sounding amused, despite her voice being pretty much monotone. She then looked at Gustav and the other young witches and smiled for the first time since she appeared. "Ah, there you are. The youngsters, the ones that got away. Don't you like what I did to your coven?"

"You DESTROYED our coven. Since your little minions entered it everything we stood for was left behind!" Gustav said, his eyes giving off a subtle purple glow.

"And why then did you summon me?" Medea's eyes fixed themselves on the warlock, the flame of amusement shimmering within them despite her nearly inexpressive mask.

"To stop you" the warlock responded and the demoness sighed, though the choir accompanying it was roaring with laughter instead.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Ravenheart » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:59 pm

(Sorry been distracted by the Defiance video game)

*Addressing Gustav* "Though judging by the way your tussled up I'm guessing my friends where more then you could handle. If you wheren't able to stop a hand full of super powered teens how'd you expect to beat her" *Pointing at Medea with her thumb as she stood near Siobhan. Nora being Nora chimed in from leaning against a tree* "Cyan has a point you know"
Cyan/Mystica (No squad)- "My magic might be black but my heart is pure"

Nora/Cytech (No squad)- "I don't play around, I fight to win" [subject to change,lol]
Ravenheart
Sophomore

Postby Safeguard » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:06 pm

Aubrey stood there with a "she's right" look on his face towards Gustav and Trivia.

"Medea is way more powerful than us if she's able to scare you and destroy your coven, you're in deep gaga." Sydney said folding his arms.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:11 pm

"We are warlocks and witches. We have our methods" was the only thing Gustav said.

"Oh, really? Delightful. Then, by all means... stop me, and my girls" Medea's choir of voices resounded in amusement as the demoness' body was covered in golden light. Gustav blew a kiss at her and a blast of purple light erupted against her, yet the beam dissolved as the diva stared at it and smiled. "Pathetic" she said before unleashing a flurry of golden flames at the young warlock and the heroes... only for them to be blocked by Roxanne, in her "battle form".

"Well I guess this marks the moment in which we have to decide if we let them be or join into the fray. Any ideas?" Noah asked.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Safeguard » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:12 am

"Aubrey be careful of those flames..." Sydney said and blasted Medea, Aubrey nodded and released his amber colored dome of time-magic, it was decorated with tangled strings that came from his fingers and straightened out as the dome grew.

The vampire moved at great speed, he moved in and out of the way of Medea's golden flames.

"I suppose we should attack and try to defeat Medea and sort the rest out later." Aubrey said to Noah.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:14 pm

"Defeat me?" Medea's amusement was clear as with a whisper she sent three orbs of golden flames, three small suns, against the young heroes. Gustav and Noah ran out of the way while Veronica charged herself up and unleashed lightning balls against the demoness, only for them to be stopped by a flurry of butterflies appearing in the air.

"What the..." Veronica started to ask, just before she was hit in the back by a giant fist made out of the same butterflies.

"Is this really all you've got? It's not even worth our time" a voice said, coming from thin air before the butterflies all joined together, merging and transforming into a young asian woman with butterfly wings.

"My dear, I see you took your time. Are your sisters with you?" Medea said.

"On their way" the girl responded before turning her attention towards the young ones. "This is going to be so much fun..."

"Well this is marvelous. She even brought her witches with her" Gustav said. "Splendid"

Roxanne flew towards her other coven-partners and turned back into her human form, trying to get them up.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Safeguard » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:44 pm

"You guys should go out sometime, you'd make a lovely pair." Aubrey said to Gustav sarcastically as he tried to attack Roxanne and Medea.

Sydney kept blasting Medea and the Asian girl.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Ravenheart » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:24 pm

*Nora would chime up* "Why do I get the feeling I've seen this exact scenerio on a W.I.N.X. episode once?"

"Witches and Warlocks aren't the only magic uses in this park" *As a stone wall erected itself between Cyan, her friends and the orbs. As the orbs impacted the stone wall stone shrapnel sprayed out*
Cyan/Mystica (No squad)- "My magic might be black but my heart is pure"

Nora/Cytech (No squad)- "I don't play around, I fight to win" [subject to change,lol]
Ravenheart
Sophomore

Postby Prince Blanche » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:30 pm

(OOC: Safeguard, Roxanne is on Gustav's side. As in, the same side as Aubrey, Sydney, Nora, Cyan, Noah, Siobhan and Veronica; against Medea and her witches).

"Oh I wouldn't be too surprised, believe me" Gustav responded to Nora as he tried to attack the butterfly girl, but she just dissolved back into a swarm and flew against them, her wings cutting them, razor sharp.

Noah pointed his trident at Medea and blasted away, yet the flames extinguished before they even reached the demoness; while the stone shrapnel stopped in midair before hitting her and, with a simple sigh, she sent it back against Cyan and the others alongside Sydney's blasts.

"Why is it we can't have normal days now" Trivia asked as Roxanne helped her up. "Seems like they woke up the monster of the week..." she added, looking at the demoness and her henchgirl against the other youngsters.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Safeguard » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:21 pm

Aubrey's time magic created a dome that exploded outwards, it grew and grew, acting like a safety net that stopped the debris and Sydney's plasma blasts until they fizzled out, he made the debris dissolve into dust.

Sydney activated his shields and continued fighting.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:47 pm

"You have quite the spark, but you lack refinement..." Medea said, her body enveloped in golden light. "It is nothing that I have ont seen before. Not even worthy of my attention..." the demoness then basically imploded into golden flames before disappearing. "Take care of them, Papillon, and bless your sisters in my name"

"With pleasure, mistress" the butterflies joined again, forming the beautiful girl they had been as claws grew from her hands. "Let's make this quick" she added before she rushed towards the heroes and witches, gusts of wind following her.
Prince Blanche
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner