Official Discussion Thread, Issue 10: Volcanic

Issue-specific discussion threads and reviews of Pride High. There are spoilers here, so read at your own risk!

Moderator: Perihelion

Official Discussion Thread, Issue 10: Volcanic

Postby Verdant » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:29 pm

Issue 10 is right around the corner! The cover was penciled and inked by Robert Rivera and colored by Polawat Darapong. As for the interior art, this issue also marks the return of Brian Poncé, Pride High's original artist! This post will automatically update with new pages as they appear on the main site. The blank images are on purpose 8).

Be a hero and support Pride High on Patreon!
Verdant
Head Resident Advisor

Re: Official Discussion Thread, Issue 10: Volcanic

Postby ShastaB24 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:55 am

Okay, the cover itself is amazing, but I can't help but fangirl over the inset image up there. Amber and Vince! Woohoo! Even if only background characters (most likely, as I know the comic was written past this point in advance of me even creating said characters), I still relish the idea they might appear on-panel. Plus, Brian is back, which is awesome--I like the other artists, and there were more issues without him involved, but Brian is Pride High to me, in visuals.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Verdant » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:02 pm

Heheh, all I can say is STAY TUNED!
Verdant
Head Resident Advisor

Postby ShastaB24 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:54 pm

Also, the title of this issue keeps making me think of the Blondie song "Atomic".

Trying to identify all the characters in panel 1, and that may be a fool's errand. Are most of them random designs not from the boards? I mean, I see Amber and Vince (yay!) as well as Discotheque and Sister Bliss, maybe Epicenter, but I keep thinking the girl with the lightning bolt should be somebody I recognize.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Verdant » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:17 pm

Haha, now I have that song in my head! Yup, that's Epicenter. Discotheque and Sister Bliss are talking to PowerUp 8). The girl with the lightning bolt isn't a reader character, but one of Brian's.
Verdant
Head Resident Advisor

Postby DJ RAVYN 1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:34 pm

I call her "ThunderGrrrl" :) She has appeared before in the background a couple times. Think Mary Marvel with Power Girl's personality and two moms :)

Brian

ShastaB24 wrote:Also, the title of this issue keeps making me think of the Blondie song "Atomic".

Trying to identify all the characters in panel 1, and that may be a fool's errand. Are most of them random designs not from the boards? I mean, I see Amber and Vince (yay!) as well as Discotheque and Sister Bliss, maybe Epicenter, but I keep thinking the girl with the lightning bolt should be somebody I recognize.
DJ RAVYN 1
Artist

Postby ShastaB24 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:25 pm

That's great. I knew she was somebody with a name, with a costume like that. Too much thought put into it for her to be a random background character.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:53 am

After the previous issue, seeing this calls my interest up. Just that cover is enough to draw you in and make you wonder, and I for one will stay tuned to see what happens from here onwards.

Also, it's good to hace Brian back, and it's clear he's only gotten better with time :3
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:15 pm

I had a feeling he was going to say he was bi, after the previous page. And the blushing: so cute!
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby ShastaB24 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:57 am

Oh, the irony... the twins kick KO off the team for being too gay for them, and replace him with an out-and-out gay boy. I'm sure they don't realize it, but it's funny nonetheless.

But I have a feeling KO might be up for the now-open spot in Pride High. Maybe. The squad seems to be a bit on the outs right now, but at least I know Suravi ultimately warms back up to Jorge, and I hope Chip does, too. Still wonder how Claire feels about all of this.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Return to Pride Feedback