Pride High 1-7 now available for free online!

General gabbery on all things related to Pride High.

Moderator: Perihelion

Pride High 1-7 now available for free online!

Postby Verdant » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:56 pm

Given the tragic suicides by victims of bullying, I've decided to expand the webcomic version of Pride High. Now all seven issues are included! Bullying sucks, regardless of the reason. If you know of anyone who might benefit from reading Pride High, let them know that it's now only a click away.

For the Out Crowd!
Verdant
Head Resident Advisor

Postby MentalFloss » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:16 pm

Reposted! I'll spread the word, Tommy!
Track 1: Ocean "Deception"
Track 2: Raine "Lucid"
Track 3: Jo "Muzzle"

http://profile.imeem.com/DhObMrT/playli ... _playlist/
MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Animal boy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:12 am

Finally! :D
"Why should Northstar have all the fun?"-Hulkling
Animal boy
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:35 am

People definitely need to see Pride High. One suicide was in my area, during the time te LGBT group was meeting. People need to know they're not alone and can be happy despite what some people around them say.

But you know, this will mean even more pestering for the next issue, due to more readers.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:58 am

Awesome! I just ordered the comics yesterday, and now I'm just as excited to read them here on the site.

I agree with you Tommy, bullying totally sucks. I myself had to deal with a particularly unsavory character my first year of high school, and it really didn't make transitioning from home-school to the public system easier on me. That being said, I definitely think people who've gone- or are currently going through- something like this would benefit from reading Pride High. People need to know that they aren't alone in what they're dealing with, that there are others out there who will be there for them to help ease the burden when things look so bleak.

I'm definitely going to repost this on my DeviantART account, hopefully draw in the crowd over there :D. Like ShastaB24 said below me though, you do know that this is gonna bring in more pestering for the next issue, right? (lol :P)
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby NikoKao » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:31 am

so this is the why the comic is a full webcomic, I happy that everyone can see HIGH PRIDE now n' knowing the rightfull cause behind this decision, as a gay youngman in an almost-homophobic culture I love to know in my heart that HIGH PRIDE is a excellent influence for gay teenagers, after all what can be better than superpowered teenagers in distress
;) ;) always love with the heart open ;) ;)
;) ;) in the fall of the night;) ;)
;) ;) on the board upright ;) :(
NikoKao
Prospective Student

Return to Pride Commlink