Reunions [Anyone is welcome to join]

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Reunions [Anyone is welcome to join]

Postby Ravenheart » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:32 pm

(OOG: Time to jumpstart this. Hmm, Jumpstart, good hero name *files away for later*)

5 years after graduation
The shimmering purple and gold arcane circle faded as Mystica emerged. "Next time I see Veronica I'll let her do it for old times sake" *chuckling* Although the reunion was scheduled later on Cyan had been asked to arrive earlier in the week as a guest lecturer on Magic Ethics. Instead of her traditional purple and yellow heroic costume she wore, what was best described as biker leathers. The outfit consisted of brown boots with black leather riders' jacket, black leather jeans, and matching brown finger-less gloves, with her jacket unzipped it exposed an green tank top. As the portal finally closed and left, it's passage no doubt detectable by any other magical inclined people nearby Cyan would turn towards the school peering at it through the gate. "Sure is strange being back, although glad to see it hasn't changed much. With any luck they haven't adjusted the floor plans to drastically."
Cyan/Mystica (No squad)- "My magic might be black but my heart is pure"

Nora/Cytech (No squad)- "I don't play around, I fight to win" [subject to change,lol]
Ravenheart
Sophomore

Re: Reunions [Anyone is welcome to join]

Postby Prince Blanche » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:27 am

Time flies, that much is true. At least, that's what Veronica thought as she left the cab and strolled slowly through the front yard, remembering the old days gone by, the adventures that they lived all those years when Poseidon Prep was their home, and all the things they'd been doing ever since they graduated.

Some went to college, some like Veronica joined adult superhero teams and organizations, some went on to other destinies... but it was impossible to forget where they came from, in a way.

The gynoid walked through the door, the sound of her heels filling the hallway as she observed her alma mater in all of its splendor. Things hadn't changed much, and yet, they felt very different.

It's good to be back, she thought.

While the reunion would be a week from then, a few of the old students had been called back for different reasons, and quite a slew of others just decided to arrive early just to indulge in a bit of of nostalgia. Veronica was among the later.

Dressed in black leather leggings, a black and white blouse and white heels with a few necklaces and big, circular sunglasses, she noticed the purple portal opening up nearby, and was fairly sure of who she could find over there.

"Next time I see Veronica I'll let her do it for old times sake"

"Well, you can always text me if you want a lift next time" the gynoid replied with a cheeky tone as she walked over to her old friend, hugging her in that ribcage-shattering way she usually did.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:10 am

Note: this is a possible future, not a certain one, for my characters. I do have a storyline I want to do about possible branching paths.

Vince deftly touched the ground with his paws, his wife slinging herself off his back as he changed from griffin back to human. "You know one of my personalities can fly," Amber said.

"But then I wouldn't have flown with you," Vince replied, nuzzling into her.

Amber started running her fingers through his hair, petting him. "Memories," she mumbled. "It's hard to believe it's been so long."

"Time flies when you fly all the time," Vince smirked.

"Yeah, yeah," Amber chided. She saw a Veronica and Cyan a distance ahead, out of earshot. "Honey, I think something's familiar about her... the one in the purple."

Vince looked in that direction. "That's Mystica. We went to school with her. Other woman, too. Don't remember her name."

"Wait, we did?" Amber chewed her lower lip. "You know, they say your memories start to falter as you get older, and I didn't have a very reliable memory back then."

"You're still in your 20s," Vince replied. "You're memory isn't going yet."

"But as it is, we should probably talk to them." Amber started heading that way. In high school, she'd been shy, and while she wasn't as much anymore, it still would come out.

"Just tell George to keep out of control," Vince admonished, trying to catch stride with her. "He'd probably try to hit on them."

"Heh," Amber smirked. "He's not the personality to worry about. Jen's been itching to sow her oats for a while now."
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Ravenheart » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:24 pm

*Chuckled as her old dormmate caught her in a bear hug* "Well Vee I might have if I'd known you'd be here this early, the reunion's still a few days off. So how's the whole hero business going?"

Nora/Cytech (No squad)- "I don't play around, I fight to win" [subject to change,lol]
Ravenheart
Sophomore

Postby Prince Blanche » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:39 pm

"Well, you know, sometimes a woman just needs to step through the ol' valley of nostalgia. Besides, I thought, how about giving a little impromptu visit!" Veronica responded, laughing as she spoke. "It's... really awesome. I never thought I'd like it much but, here I am and there I go trying to make the world a little better... just like everyone else. How about you?"

She noticed the two other figures slowly approaching them, trying to attach a name she knew she had heard more than once to their faces, but she still couldn't quite place them. "...Heeeeeey guys! You're.... you know... you're you guys. I'm sorry... Amber?"
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:15 am

"Heh, yeah, don't feel bad for forgetting my name," Amber replied. "I don't remember anybody's, so I can't expect anybody to do the same."

"It's true," Vince corroborated. "I swear, if she hadn't married me, she'd forget mine."
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:47 am

"Heh, I know how that is... how has life been, though? What have you guys been up to?" Veronica asked. She did remember them a bit, seeing them now and then in the hallways and the classrooms.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:52 pm

"I've been accounting for some major firms," Vince said. "Keeps me busy, but I still find time to get out and help keep the peace as Protean."

"And I actually just released my first novel," said Amber. "You may not have heard of it--it's called Dreamer's Grace? It's about a girl who finds her dreams and the real world are connected. I call it fantasy, but my publisher says it's realistic fiction, since he knows somebody who can do that."

"Plus, she joins me in the crime-fighting from time to time," Vince added.

"Yeah, sure," Amber mumbled, "but after the time I failed, it's not something I'm particularly confident in."

Vince put his arm around her, drawing her in. "It's okay. So, what've you two been up to?"
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Ravenheart » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:19 pm

"It's been awhile you two." *Chuckling lightly" As for what I've been up to, when not consulting on the mystical for others I've mostly been running a small corner magic shop. Stage stuff only" *Anticipating the questions and the looks*

(OOG: Honestly never planed ahead which is odd for me. XD)

Ravenheart
Sophomore

Postby Prince Blanche » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:31 pm

"Now THAT last bit surprises me a bit more than I should admit" Veronica mentioned, raising an eyebrow and with an entertained expression. "Meanwhile, I joined the french branch of Les Chevaliers and have been superheroing in their name now and then, and acting as their liaison here in the US when possible. It's a bit less... exciting than it sounds, but the pay's good and I do love helping people around"
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:51 pm

"Aw, this is boring," came Amber's voice, though the cadence was different. She looked between the two women. "So, either one o' ya single?"

"Jen..." Vince hissed at her.

Note: Jen has taken control of Amber's body. She's a personality/soul picked up in most of the versions of the future for Amber.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby MentalFloss » Mon May 08, 2017 1:11 pm

Not too far away, in an office building Jo had her back pressed against a wall, a pair of glasses over her eyes displaying an image from around the corner, being filmed by a single strand of fiber optic cable protruding from her sleeve. Two guards were walking past from another room down the hall.

"Muzzle, do you have a visual on the the server farm?" A female voice cackled in her ear, "I can only distract him for so long, my holographic image display only has so much power. once it wears off he'll realize on not of his subordinates."

"Waiting for an opening. So I can get close enough." She muttered.

"These nanofibers itch!" A male voice came through. "I need you to get through and short the power in that server farm. Once it reboots I can commandeer the database and start extracting the data we need."

"......" Jo tapped the left rim of her glasses and the image went clear. She dodged around the corner and into the open room behind her. Hiding behind a file cabinet, the guards passed and she quickly made her way down the hall.

The lights were out in the room and only the flicker of green and red indicator lights were visible. She closed her eyes and took a deep inhale. Opening her eyes they glowed gold. From her perspective, every single wire inside the computers were glowing lines of light under the plastic cases. she glanced her way around the room until she found the power. inside her mind she pictured the electric current being snipped. The power in the room shut off. All the lights went black. A couple seconds later they all started turning back on one by one.

"You did it, I'm in!" The male voice beamed. "Give me five minutes to program a worm and we'll be able to leech anything we need to know from that point on."

The female voice chimed in, "I'm leaving his office, meet me at the rondevous point, Muzzle."

Jo quietly slipped out of the room and down the hall to the elevator. Turning the corner to the stairwell she opened the door to make eye contact with a guard coming up the stairs.

"DAMMIT!" She grunted.

[SIMULATION ENDED - SIMULATION ENDED]

An automated voice was heard echoing as the halls dissipated revealing a hologram room.

"Well you did great, but I feel you till need to use more discretion on your escapes." A man walked up to her wearing a lab coat. "You've still done better than most, your talents are useful for intelligence operatives, but you need to learn more patience."

Jo glared at him and without saying a word, and walked down a long corridor leading out an unmarked door on the street. The sun blinded her for a second before her eyes adjusted.
Track 1: Ocean "Deception"
Track 2: Raine "Lucid"
Track 3: Jo "Muzzle"

http://profile.imeem.com/DhObMrT/playli ... _playlist/
MentalFloss
Sophomore

Return to RP Corner